Author Topic: *Walks in* "Helloo"  (Read 2304 times)

Woman

• I am Overly Realistic and Widely Open Minded.
*Walks in* "Helloo"
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
I have no idea what to say in a hello note, so I will just start with “Hello”

I guess the best thing to do is introduce myself.

I’m 30 years old and have suffered with depression for the majority of my life. I have a very understanding Fiancé and an agoraphobic cat (comes in handy as I don’t go out). I come from Manchester in the UK and I have no real idea why I joined. I don’t mean that in a negative way, I’ve just never joined a forum before.
The main reason I haven’t is due to the “shame” that seems to tag along with my depression, that coupled with the fact I don’t seem to come across well when speaking or writing.

I am one of those people that others seem to take an instant dislike to, It may well be because I put on the “happy” front, so people cant read me well.  No one who knows me actually knows how bad my depression can get, as I tend to keep it to myself and my doctor.
Obviously my partner  has a good idea but … Well, I am sure some of you know how much we depressed people can hide. It was a passing comment from said fiancé that I finally decided to join this forum. “online you can be as honest as you like without any one actually knowing who you are.” 

So here I am.
Sorry for the rather long introduction. :)
I’m bitter because you make me bitter… I’m sweet because you make me sweet. So, when the monster in me comes out to play… Who Knocked on for it?! ♥♥

junior

• Karma Group
Re: *Walks in* "Helloo"
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:48:59 PM »
Hello woman, welcome to the forum.
Like you partner said no one will ever really know who you are so you can be as honest as you want.
Hope you enjoy the forum.
Junior

Woman

• I am Overly Realistic and Widely Open Minded.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.

I was worried that if I started typing I might never stop, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought.
I’m bitter because you make me bitter… I’m sweet because you make me sweet. So, when the monster in me comes out to play… Who Knocked on for it?! ♥♥

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:07:31 PM »
 !"£ and  (*(

lightenup

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
A warm !"£ women, this forum is great no one on here is judging anyone else and hopefully we all chuck in and try and help each other when we are feeling well enough.  We can all draw down from our experiences and yes be ourselves.
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

mrj25

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »
Hi

Welcome to the forum. I've only just signed-up myself and have no idea what to say either! I felt like I could write and write and write, but am scared of sounding like I'm doing nothing but moan.

I completely understand about how people seem to take an instant dislike to you. I get exactly the same reaction from people. Making friends and meeting people for me is nigh-on impossible. However, it's not because I put on a happy front. I wish that I could, but I can't do it! Similarly, I keep my depression to myself. Even my doctor doesn't really seem to appreciate how bad it gets.

I've recently split up from the first girlfriend I ever really opened up to about it (very difficult circumstances, in part due to illness). That's crushed me beyond all belief and makes me wish like I'd never done it because I'm certain it was a contributing factor. Though we remain great mates, it's not really the same. The element of trusting someone again has gone. All I can say is that it's terrific you have an understanding fiance. You should cherish that :)

Hope that's not too overwhelming a response. As I say, I'm scared about joining a forum too. I guess I'm trying to be as supportive as I can and say I understand how you feel. Internet anonymity is great! If this were in person, I'd probably be hiding in the corner!

junior

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »
Mrj I would be hiding too.
I know how hard it is when a relationship falls apart and all the trust for everyone has gone, but saying that everyone on this forum are very helpful caring and understanding, I have had alot of help from people on here and I am very thankful for that, talking on here is alot easier than face to face, anyone can say as much or as little as they want and talking really does help.
Junior