Author Topic: A tentative hello  (Read 1674 times)

Char

• Karma Group
A tentative hello
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
Hi

Spent a lot of time yesterday on the internet researching all there is to know about depression and came across this forum.... after about 2 hours of reading some of the posts and journals I finally plucked up the courage to register. So here I am, saying hello. That's about as far as I'm brave enough to go at the moment. But I would like to thank everyone from the off for sharing their stories - it helped yesterday to know there are others who share similar thoughts to me.

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: A tentative hello
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:38 AM »
Hi, your very welcome here.  &*(   

I can remember reading the posts on this forum for weeks before I plucked up enough courage to register, but I am really glad I did as it is helping me a lot.

Feel free to post more when you are up to it,  I find it useful to talk about how I am feeling as I don't really tell anyone else.  As yet I haven't managed to tell anyone about the things that went on in my past.  It all takes time but we are here when you need us.  :)

KateG

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
Hi Char and welcome.

I'm the same too, the more I read on here, the more help I found. This is a really lovely forum

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:39 PM »
Hello and  .>, Char,

This forum has helped me so much.  Just knowing I am not alone with this illness.  Everyone here are lovely.  We all understand and help and support each other.

I found it hard to post at first so just join in when you feel you can.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Hello and welcome :)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Char

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
Thanks for all the welcome messages. This forum certainly does seem like the safe haven I have been looking for. I listened to the song posted by Pip in the uplifting music topic and felt that perhaps this is my 'roof' and just felt better for finding it - thanks Pip!

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
Crazy like a fish.

Liv

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:59:34 PM »
Hi Char, welcome to the forum. It took me years to open up about my 'illness' and problems (and I probably only did because I was forced to in certain situations). It's very painful at first but it gets easier and I think it does really help in the long run. This is the perfect place to say anything you feel you might need to, we'll be here to read what you have to say and offer support where we can, whenever (or if ever) you're ready. x

Rycing

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »
Hello Char,

.>,

It's so important to me to feel I'm not alone in depression and finding the forum was like 'the light switch going on' for me. x