Author Topic: Finally an end to low sex drive on SSRI's  (Read 2783 times)

bendymind

• Karma Group
Finally an end to low sex drive on SSRI's
« on: April 05, 2013, 12:24:27 AM »
Having been on AD's for many years, my sex drive has suffered greatly

Went to doc last summer to say I wanted to change my Paroxetine to something else.

He put me on Mertazipine which drove me nuts. Then he suggested Venlafaxine. I had loads of perminant side effects and still very low sex drive.

Back again to doc and saw a different doc who said straight away I should be taking Tradozone.

Took me just a week to come off Venlafaxine and on to Tradozone and things started to improve almost straight away. Things down stairs are GREAT now. I am a 50yr old male now feeling like a teenager, all in the space of 3 weeks.

I googled Tradozone and it is a modified SSRI (SARI)

All the data online and in the packet has no mention of loss of sex drive where every other SSRI I have researched has had this listed as a common side effect.

Infact the listed side effects of Tradozone do mention one sexual side effect - prolonged erection !!

To me its a wonder drug so I'd strongly recommend it to anyone on AD's with low sex drive.

Ever since I started Venlafaxine my blood pressure has been through the roof so I'm off to surgery tomorrow to check how it is now.

Leo

• Karma Group
Re: Finally an end to low sex drive on SSRI's
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:30 AM »
Glad Trazodone is working well for you. I haven't noticed any improvement in my sex drive since being on it but helps me sleep. Maybe doesn't work as Well on females.

That's brilliant you got off the Venlafaxine so easily - it was very difficult for me.
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.