Author Topic: Waking up and meds kicking in, your thoughts please....  (Read 2901 times)

MrsHardHat

Waking up and meds kicking in, your thoughts please....
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:23 AM »
Hi
This is week two on Citolpram, 20mg. I have been experiencing extreme sleepiness where I yawn every second and could throw myself on floor to sleep, which isn't helpful at your desk in the middle of the day, to waking up at 4am (always at that time) in the morning, wide awake obsessing over a load of rubbish. Did anyone else experience this in the early days? I have also got diazepam for the intriumn should I feel anxious enough to take it, my gp said this was to counter the side-effects when you first start.

I would love to know if anyo else has experienced the waking up in connection to their meds and so early on. Not even sure if it's possible so early in. My friend who's been on these for years says it takes much longer for them to kick in.

Anyway it would be nice to hear your thoughts.
 !£!

Stacey

• Karma Group
Re: Waking up and meds kicking in, your thoughts please....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
I have just changed my medication and have literally just taken my first Citalopram tablet so I will let you know how I get on xxx

Ohdaddy

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
Since I've started to take fluoxatine I have been a fitful sleeper. Often waking in the early hours with my mind going into overdrive on "rubbish" and I recently had a period of time when I felt sleepy all the time. I would get up, have breakfast, do the school run, drink coffee and then fall asleep at 9.30 in the morning - sometimes in the afternoon as well.  My gp said it may be a side effect of stress and the drugs and the brain reacts in funny ways. "!+

Catbrian

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »
Mrs Hardhat you didn't say when you are taking the Citalopram.  I'm guessing morning?  I think, unless a particular antidepressant is being used for calming effects in the daytime, they are best taken at night.  At first, in the early days, some AD's can make you feel a bit strange.  We can avoid that stress by taking them near bedtime.  I guess it's a personal choice.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »
in the early days i was taking the citalopram at night, but swaped it to the morning, didnt make any diferance, still crappy sleeping and dopy all day, though i was on 60mg till some idiot in government decided that 40 mg was the max dose, so now doc gives me 40 mg of citalopram and 100mg of trazodone.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water