Author Topic: panic and stress suddenly hits what do we use  (Read 4886 times)

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
panic and stress suddenly hits what do we use
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »
when this happens what do we use any recommendations on coping this could be anywhere, is there anything your dr has prescribed.

also dose stress/panic make you less mobile almost freeze. or want to run.

LR 
Harmful intentions
particularly those involving deliberate acts exploitation, seem to cause longer-lasting and more painful emotional consequences than natural disasters. The crucial factor may be that such experiences destroys people’s trust in others, particularly if they involve someone you have depended on.

Stew

Re: panic and stress suddenly hits what do we use
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »
Lorazepam works very quickly, though can have some adverse side effects (amnesia, lowered inhibitions, 'hangover'). Try 1mg

Desperado99

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:15 AM »
Hi,

I'm on dosulepin (25mg at the moment) for stress and anxiety....... only 2 weeks in though so I'm no sure whether it's kicked in or not. I have been sleeping better, but then the last two nights I've really struggled to get to sleep (feel like a zombie today) and the anxiety I used to feel first thing in the morning has reduced a lot.

Panic makes me want to run and hide, I struggle in public places as I feel there's nowhere to go if I start to get anxious.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »
diazepam,  but its bloody addictive
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:23 AM »
my Dr will only give it me when i ask for it 30 at a time, he says it;s a Bitch to get off, i take one at night and one about dinner time but for me stress is all around and the firm i used to work for are everywhere, so when i see the vans gear a advert on the radio or anything to do with them i stress out, as they are a nasty bunch of guys en girls with me to this very day.

to be honest i have never played the depressing card through my solicitor because i did not know i had mental health problems, but stress brings on my pain and at meeting i had with them i was clamped up in agony, also when i went to see any of there DR's especially after one of them told me to committee suicide.   
LR
Harmful intentions
particularly those involving deliberate acts exploitation, seem to cause longer-lasting and more painful emotional consequences than natural disasters. The crucial factor may be that such experiences destroys people’s trust in others, particularly if they involve someone you have depended on.

chilliconcarnage

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »
Diazepam 5mg. I probably take one every other couple of days if that. To be honest 5mg barely touches me but 10mg would probably mong me out. I just try to rationalise and deep breath, or even distract myself with music or the games console.
Yesterday was the past, and anything forward of today is fantasy. Now is all that matters.

winter

• Karma Group
    • songs from lost voices
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:39:46 PM »
I have a tigers eye stone i play with in my hand. Its always on me. and it focus's the fear into one place till i get get up and sort myself out. I mean i am on Diazepam and a few others. But i do still get the odd panic attack. Due to the fact i never go anywhere that people dont know me. Most shops have experienced my panic attack. Once i tried to get into the freezer at the supermarket. They just let me do it and went and got my mum. Took me out the back for a cuppa tea.

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:44 AM »
Diazepam 5mg. I probably take one every other couple of days if that. To be honest 5mg barely touches me but 10mg would probably mong me out. I just try to rationalise and deep breath, or even distract myself with music or the games console.

Doctor tell me they are addictive, they have suggested i have PTSD which is why i panic, not a blind panic but night sweats, hypersensitive vigilance, remembering every detail, and always thinking about what happened, my therapist said  to me the other week, with a rash of realization "my god this is going to continue for you even after the case has gone to court"  he thought it would all end after the case, get some closure, for me it's an everyday living hell.

LR   
Harmful intentions

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »

Doctor tell me they are addictive, they have suggested i have PTSD which is why i panic, not a blind panic but night sweats, hypersensitive vigilance, remembering every detail, and always thinking about what happened, my therapist said  to me the other week, with a rash of realization "my god this is going to continue for you even after the case has gone to court"  he thought it would all end after the case, get some closure, for me it's an everyday living hell.

LR

That sound far to familiar, although one idiot suggest I just drop the case and everything will be fine after that. Barely kept it together and I had to leave right after that comment.
I'm sure some of these people don't have a clue what we go through.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Holykimura

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
Diazepam usually does the trick with me, but it's bloody addictive so my honest advice would be to steer clear. I find relaxation helps when I'm in a calm state. But nobody can know what each of us go through its bad enough when your own families cant cope with what we feel, people who have no love for you at all, well they just won't unless they have someone close to them who feels the same, its a shame but it's true. Also when I'm in places where Im in conversation with others, If I get asked things such as how was your weekend, I keep it short like "yeah was good" and then ask them "what about yours" and on most occasions they want to tell you there life story to which you can pretend to listen or not, they wouldn't know as you can just smile and listen, or switch off, although I must admit there have been times where I'm listening and I'm thinking about what I might watch on TV, and then the person says something like "do you know what I mean?" so in this situation I'd be like " yeah I see what you mean" or "hmm it's difficult" or "I can see where your coming from" and then change topic like did you hear about so and so and that detracts the attention away from me again.  hope I'm making sense and it helps some of you. Good luck.

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:25 AM »
well my risperadone has kept me on a slightly under functional state since i have been on it only reached for the diazapam a few times good bless the makers as this is keeping the boiling lid on

LR
Harmful intentions

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 07:40:54 AM »
I have temazepam, knocks me out and seems to settle anxiety as well. Addictive though :(

cazzzy

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 07:51:02 PM »
i use kalms sometimes....there not a magic cure but can take the edge off things.......try meditation classes or relaxation cd's there worth a try x