Author Topic: Talking therapies  (Read 5169 times)

cornish

• Karma Group
Re: Talking therapies
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »
that stopped  :'(
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Laura

• Karma Group
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
I don't think CBT or chatting did me any good but my CBT lady says it really tough to get a referral for psychotherapy.
Tea please, decaf, with milk and a sweetener.

Ohdaddy

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »
I have not found talking therapy much use so far. It did feel good that I could talk about how I felt about this and that to a neutral person. However, I have not felt any benefit from it at all.

Sean

Greycylinder

• Karma Group
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
I have had four or five  different tries at counseling of various sorts and have found them all to be total rubbish. I don't want to punch a cushion or draw how I feel. I always think that if I'm paying (a lot!) of money for someone to listen to me and they're watching the clock that it is impossible to trust their motivation and interest levels and so it all seems totally pointless. I have got more from talking to a good, close friend who knows me and isn't afraid to tell me how it is. 

I REALLY wish I could get some help from talking therapies but the very thought of group therapy makes me feel ill. And one to one, with the exception of one lady, I've thoroughly disliked the counselors.  One of them was so smug I actually hated her and resented handing over £50 for 50 minutes. I don't enjoy one-sided conversations with the expert sitting there nodding and saying nothing.

Am I unlucky or do others feel like this? Am I missing the point?