Author Topic: Book recommendations please?  (Read 97 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Book recommendations please?
« on: May 09, 2024, 03:26:12 PM »
I'm after some book recommendations that are either self-contained chapters (like the "confessions of..." series) or short stories on a similar theme.  If they're on Kindle Unlimited then that would be ideal.  No horror or thrillers or ghost stories or anything like that though or I'll never be able to sleep and when I collapse through sheer exhaustion I'll wake up screaming!

Humour would be ideal, but I've yet to find a book that hits the spot 100% as I've needed a sense of humour transplant.

I don't mind whether it's fiction or non-fiction, child, teen or adult... I just want something to get my teeth into and forget my life for a while.

I've got some on my Amazon wishlist but I'm going through those at a rate of knotts so rapidly need more ideas to replace them.

Psychology or philosophy would be grand as long as they are easy reads... basically hit me with the title and author so that I can go and have a look on Amazon.

Got a busy day tomorrow, but I'm aiming to read a book about the marshmallow test that Fergus recommended on Saturday.

So come on, give me some ideas please!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Book recommendations please?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 09:21:47 AM »
I've got a Kindle as well so I'll do a bit of research for you  :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Book recommendations please?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 06:31:50 AM »
Thank you so much, Pip
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.