Author Topic: depressed husband gone  (Read 1458 times)

care

depressed husband gone
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »
Having a tough time dealing with husband's breakdown and departure from our family home. He still comes round 4 times a week for a few hours but then gets restless and leaves as he spends a lot of time on his own. He has seen a dr and a psychatrist who have just changed his meds. He is suffering from a numbness of thoughts and feelings although he still says he loves me and our young children. He has been gone 3 months and I thought the prozac would help but it didn't. He lives with family but shows no sign of coming back and won't stay here as it doesn't feel like home. H elikes to see us but likes to leave again. I am becoming a little down myself as time goes on but don't want to loose hope.............

Ezel

Re: depressed husband gone
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
 (*( and welcome,

Depression affects people in different ways.  I know it isn't easy but just give him time....

Pip

junior

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:44:50 PM »
Hi, things must be very hard for you right now  :( some anti depressants can make you feel numb to any feelings but they do help with the depression.
Hope things get better for you all soon
Junior

account deleted

• Karma Group
  • Account deleted
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:36:20 AM »
Hi there,

I think you have every right to fee down because of your circumstance. But try to keep smiling anyway.
Perhaps your husband just needs to work things through and let them go their course.
I know from experience with my wife that she can't really help me. I've tried talking to her but she just gets angry! So, I withdraw a little and work things through in my own way. I do love her and the kids but I still feel like I need to get some space in order to do this. It's hard in a noisy house.

All the best...

G