Author Topic: Can't even think of one....  (Read 1614 times)

kentgirl

Can't even think of one....
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:12:21 AM »
Hi people...
Just wondering if any of you suffer with sleep the way that I do....will be awake 30 to 40 hours....sleep 10 to 12 hours then do it all again....yes I've tried chamging my sleeping pattern (just end up staying awake longer) when I try to go asleep my mind just races.....it's like I think of everything I have done wrong in my life (and that is from the age of 3) I just wish my brain would switch off.....I don't want the vivid dreams....I just want to be normal and happy!!!

bel

• Karma Group
Re: Can't even think of one....
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
Hi Kentgirl and  !"£

Sorry to hear you're having problems with sleeping. I've never had it as bad as you, but when I need to switch my brain off I play word games in my head, for example, think of a girl's name beginning with "a", then one beginning with "b" and so on. Try any category you can think of; towns, countries, animals etc.

Best wishes, bel

junior

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:49:06 PM »
Hi kentgirl, sorry you are struggling, I had times like that a few years ago and it made me really ill, have you been to see a doctor cant you sleep?
Junior

lightenup

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »
Hi Kentgirl  a warm !"£ to the forum.  Please go to the Dr regarding the sleeping, for me I ignored this for so long and now it has left me in this mess.  I could go to bed and eventually get to sleep around midnight then I would be back up around 2-2.30am, bright as a bee mind and heart racing, manage to get to bed for another hour arounde 5-6am then up for work.  My job involved a lot of driving and was high powered and extremly stressful.  Funny how I can now see the signs were all there.  Sleep and nightmares are still a problem for me although the meds I am on are to help my mind rest.  Hope this helps :)
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

Mark

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
Hiya Kentgirl,

Welcome to the forum.

I agree that a trip to the GP is in order regarding your sleep issues, medication can help with this. A short course a night sedation should help t re establish your sleep pattern. Also anti depressants (if you are not already taking them can help too, as sleep distrurbance is a symptom of depression)

Take care
Mark  :)