Author Topic: Can anyone help me?  (Read 1887 times)

hazleeyes

Can anyone help me?
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »
I  thought I was having a 'good' day until this afternoon I suffered a panic attack! one of many lately. After finally admitting I cant cope I went to the doctors last week and have been put on anti-d's.

My problem is ... my husband just cant seem to understand what I'm going through, how I feel or why, to him I all of a sudden have depression and need tablets (I have been hiding it from him for along time by putting on my 'happy' face). This was the first time he has been there when I've had a panic attack, I think it shocked him and his way of coping was to get angry with me because I couldn't communicate with him and tell him what was happening, (he's not the most comforting man at the best of times, a pat on the shoulder is what I normally get! he's not one for showing emotions).

We did sit down and talk about it after, he keeps asking what he can do, but I can tell he just still doesn't get it and I have no idea, how he can help me as at the moment I cant even help myself.

Where can I go or what can I do to make him understand, he said he wants to help me but he doesn't know where to start (how can someone help if they have no clue as to what's going on? )

We are both new to all of this and need help I don't want to push him away but feel that I am doing just that by making it 'my' problem.

Anyone got any advise or can anyone tell me of any good website etc he can look at?

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
Re: Can anyone help me?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
Hi Lexi, there is a plethora of sites around, just google 'depression' (without the quotes)

it is a shamy your hubby isnt more supportive, some people just dont understand how any depression can impact on our lives.

have you thought about seeing a councilor yourself? there is an agency MIND, againe google them to see of there is an office close to you, they are very good.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

hazleeyes

Re: Can anyone help me?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »
Thank you for that Stewart, I will certainly look both of them up and I think seeing a councillor will be the way to go for me.