Author Topic: Depression and family broken guy ,new here !  (Read 1655 times)

dixon

Depression and family broken guy ,new here !
« on: July 06, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
Hi all,

I was an alcoholic but with no physical symptoms.It was a problem with the brain,I am sheer sensititive and very sharp minded 20 years back.I have done so many creative works in my life.Now I have broken with my family one year before and living in abroad alone.
I am now living sober for about two months and managing the life without alcohol craving.I a worried about the damage caused by alcohol in my brain.Now I have no concentration power and slow memory.I hardly catch up the words saying by others at a time.My mind always roaming and get back to past and feel regret.So 50 % mind is always thinking what to do and not and only 50% mind is devoted to the current tasks.
I have lost a couple of jobs due to lack of concentration and communication problems.I hardly catch up the things as my mind has already occupied to the nonsense ,past things.
If I lose my current job I would be jobless,family less, property and friend less so there is more chances to come down to the street.
I hae managed my alcohol problem because I lost my family so it could be easier to correct my brain being a sober person.But you know mind damn not working...
Any idea to examine my brain level or % of my brain damaged by alcohol ,is it recoverable or not ? I need a measurement so if anyone has any experience or advice please help me...
Dixon ;D

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Depression and family broken guy ,new here !
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Hi dixon, I have no idea sorry, but someone else might know

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

dixon

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:10:09 PM »
Thanks Zef, I hope so !!!
I am new here and will try to make friends like me .
Dix

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:13:36 PM »
Everyone here is friendly and will help as much as they can  _)_ 

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help with your question either. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

dixon

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:49:08 PM »
Saaz and Zaf,

I was thinking to get your advices as you both seem as a hero member .But why not any advice? .Could you please response on my curiosity without any objection.
Many thanks for welcoming me in this forum as I have just started today .Oh one more query, how do I know which smily is for what reason ??
Cheers,
Dix

KateG

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
Hi and welcome. I think Shaz & Zaf mean that they don't know the answer to your question about alcohol damaging the brain. I don't know either but just wanted to say hi

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »
Same as Kate really.  Just wanted to say hi but don't have any experiences that would help to answer your questions xxx

dixon

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »
Hi and welcome. I think Shaz & Zaf mean that they don't know the answer to your question about alcohol damaging the brain. I don't know either but just wanted to say hi

Thank you KateG welcoming me in this great forum!
Yes, of course it is a depression due to misuse of alcohol ( AL).So my query is how to regain concentration power as I am doing my job, mind is diverted,depression is normal now ,I think under the control and has no sucidal thoughts at all just worrying about the past.Anyone, some coping skills are extremly welcome !
Dix