Author Topic: Bonjour  (Read 1997 times)

pinkcoconut

Bonjour
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »
Hello

Thought I'd introduce myself... I'm a design student in Nottingham, but I'm not happy here. I've been depressed on and off for about 5 years, and I was quite suicidal for the last year excluding this past month or two. I've got a bit better. I still think about hurting myself, but I'm not choking myself anymore.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of working on creative projects, but it's very hard to motivate myself to even get out of bed on some days. Yesterday I got out of bed at 4pm, so I decided to sign up to this forum.

I was on an anxiety forum before this one but they didn't really understand when I was suicidal. I don't want to make other people feel bad or bring back bad feelings for people, but sometimes I just need to express to someone else how I feel rather than bottle it up. It's not the same if I write in a diary - I still haven't told anyone if I do that. At least people can acknowledge that my feelings exist if I post in on here. I don't want to burden my close friends. I'd like to be understood by people who've been in the same situation as me.

They do know I'm depressed but I avoid telling them the details. I'm on citalopram, 40mg, and I have a good psychologist in London where I live. It means I have to travel every weekend which is a bit time consuming but I love London.

Anyway, I hope I can help to support some of you here too. Thank you.

Ezel

Re: Bonjour
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
 ^&* - will come back to this as I have been busy  :-[ and I do understand the suicidal feelings