Author Topic: Hi to everyone.  (Read 1602 times)

swimfan61

Hi to everyone.
« on: July 18, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »
Ok, I'm a 48 year old male and have suffered with depression for most of my life. Most of the time it has been in brief episodes and I could manage it. In 2006 I hit a very bad spot and went downhill fast. In early 2007 I attempted suicide. My depression is compounded by the fact that I like a drink, I'm not an alcoholic, two clinics have confirmed that (I can and often go without it with no problem) I see alcohol as a quick fix to get me out of 'myworld' for a brief period. Last October, I was taken off of incapacity benefit after a failed medical, I Didn't feel this was the right decision though I didn't appeal. Since then, I have been on Job seekers allowance but really can not see how I can possibly get or hold down a job feeling the way I do. I have got worse over the last couple of months and feel like I'm on a downward spiral. I have a Drs app. tomorrow so I'll take it from there. Anyway that's me.   

dexxbot

Re: Hi to everyone.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »
hey swimfan61

for what it's worth, i have some things in common with you. i can strongly empathise with you about how profoundly difficult work/unemployment issues can be and how - even if there was nothing else difficult going on - it seems that not being able to work can make life seem unbearable. Fair play though, you sound as if you retain a level of hope in your heart? how did dr's go?

take care

dexxbot