Author Topic: My Story  (Read 2220 times)

madauntyem

My Story
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:00:41 AM »
Hi!

I was diagnosed with depression in Oct 2008. I've been on citalopram ever since 20mg at first, increased to 40mg since March. I've also had counselling and CBT. After some pretty dark days, I'm now well on the road to recovery. I have, however, struggled over the past 2 weeks. I had a stomach bug about 2 weeks ago and was unable to take my tablets. I think that's why I became very tearful and low, having been off citalopram for 5 days. Also, last week I was premenstral and that is always a tough week for me mood-wise. The combination of the two was very tricky and I spent a few days in bed, feeling rubbish and not interacting with anyone. Didn't turn up to work for 2 days and they got worried and sent the police round. Very embarassing and bit of a shock ... I'm going back to work tomorrow to face the music. Not looking forward to it, but I'm just being a coward.  Feels better to have got it off my chest tho . Thanx

Ezel

Re: My Story
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:08:37 PM »
Look on the bright side it showed they cared although I can understand why you felt embarrassed.  It's horrible going though stuff like this and horrible to explain as well.

Hugs to you and best wishes for when you go back to work.

madauntyem

Re: My Story
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:52:41 PM »
Thank you. I am now off work. Feel up to it but going AWOL is a safety issue in my job so I have to see occupational health before I go back. Hopeful that I will go back soon and I have been totally honest about it. Much love xx