Author Topic: at drs in morning  (Read 3631 times)

turquoise

• Karma Group
at drs in morning
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »
I have an appointment with my GP in morning to discuss how my new medication is doing.  Had been on citalopram for about eight years and changed to Mitrazepam I have only been on them about three weeks. I know that Ive not been on them long but Im so angry "£" just now and am a bit scrared that someone will cross me and wont know what will hit them.   :vik:  At least Ive stopped crying but have now turned into banshee woman  havent felt this angry for a long time is this the drugs making me feel angry or is it just me  finally stopping bing nice and telling cold phone callers to B off before they try and flog me solar energy. 

T

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: at drs in morning
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
Hi

Hope the drs goes well in the morning and that they can answer your questions/concerns with the meds.

When cold callers strike my Sister hands the phone over to her 3 year old  ;) :D

xxx

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »
that is a great idea buttercup wish I had a three year old, but I could hand them to my Mother who could tell them all about her aches and pains thanks for the good wishes.
T

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:48 PM »
 :D :D lol

Catbrian

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »
Hi Turquoise  +-_

I know a lot about irritability and anger.... I'm throwing drama parties everyday here in London.  Trouble is, I tend to argue with myself and get even more furious when I start answering myself back.

I am usually always very laid back... probably to the point of allowing people to take the pee.  When I started using Quetiapine a few months ago, all that changed.  Suddenly  :vik: the pee takers were told to pee off and anyone who even looked like they might trouble me, were zapped with this sharp Scott's tongue.  So, does the Quetiapine make me agitated and mouthy, or is it that it makes me feel better... stronger, more confident... and less likely to take any nonsense......?

The anger can be caused by so many other things.  Is it displaced anger?  By that, I mean, are you angry with yourself but projecting it on to everyone around you?  I do that a lot. 

It's best to talk it over with the GP, but I imagine he will recommend sticking with it a while longer; they do take sometime to settle down in your system.  I also use Mirtazapine (Citalopram was my last AD).  I assume you are using it at night before bed?

Good luck with the GP.... let us know how you get on.

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
Well doctors visit went okay despiter her being held up in a traffic jam and arriving late.  She thinks my anger may be me taking some hold of things and fighting back.  Catb I do take meds at night and I get a good nights sleep with them, again I have a good Scottish tougne in my heed as they say here, and I now know how to use it and the pee takers are now getting zapped.  My friend is glad im not so apathetic and crying and she spent a long time with me last night chatting about stuff which helped a lot.   As I also care for my elderly mum and she is going into respite for a week on Friday.  She was a bit resistant but she is going and it is a lovely brand spanking new place purpose built and has lovely single rooms with own shower room.  I have been told Im entitle to eight weeks a year respite. So here hopes that this week brings me some much needed rest.  All I need now is to find my mobile phone *^* tried calling it but it is out of power.  Never mind have found stuff that has been lost for weeks.

T  $%$

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »
Glad that the doctors went well.

Good luck with phone finding, its always nice when you find things that have been lost, even better when it's money  ^-^

xxx

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
Glad your dr's appointment went well. I hope the weeks respite will give you time to re-charge your batteries. S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

annabelle

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »
Glad your Drs appointment went well, enjoy your weeks respite
A

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
Thanks guys so looking forward to respite as I am going to spend time in house sorting stuff out as I havent had time or inclination to do it so house resembles burough coup.   :o so got a hot date with a hoover and carpet shampooer.  Have to take both cats to vet but only have one cat basket  _)( so neighbour is going to carry the small cat and the large monster tom cat will go in basket.   

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »
Enjoy your break even though it sounds as if you will be busy :). S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Stacey

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »
When cold callers strike my Sister hands the phone over to her 3 year old  ;) :D

xxx

That's brilliant!

I'm glad your appointment went well xx

Catbrian

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »
Pleased your doc went well.  Carers are under a great deal oof pressure and usually do the work load of a few care staff.  You are entitled to a few weeks break every year; time alone to sort your own things out and, more importantly to get some much deserved rest.  Hope you have a good week

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
Thanks all for replying I am getting some much needed rest although feeling guilty about leaving mum  The home is lovely large single rooms with ensuite shower room and the staff seem nice.  Catb it is true that I am expected to do what a battalion of carers do in care homes.  The carers allowance is a pittence and what they charge for one week in a home in comparison it is ludicrous.  I get so hacked off with the DWP and had many a fight with them especially as they all seem to be looking after their own mothers.  I told one she cant be doing it very well if she leaves her to go out to work full time that put her gas at a peep.  She was the fourth one who claimed to have an elderly mother depended on them it just irritated me.

T x