Author Topic: I'm just tired  (Read 1743 times)

sad sack

• Karma Group
I'm just tired
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »
I’m tired of waking up by myself. I roll over and there’s plenty of room in my bed; there is never anyone there.

I’m tired of eating breakfast alone.

I’m tired of having things happen during the day and having no one to tell when I get home, all stories that could be told. If only there were someone to tell them to.

I’m tired of being a third wheel. Or a fifth wheel. Or a seventh wheel. I act like it doesn’t bother me when we’re all hanging out, but really, it becomes just another reminder that I’m alone.

I’m tired of people telling me that they don’t understand why I’m single.

I’m tired of people saying that they’re sure I’ll meet someone who’s wonderful and smart and more beautiful than all of the girls I’ve dated before. And then, they promise, I’ll be so happy that nothing else will matter.

I’m tired of going to weddings alone and having everyone ask why I didn’t bring a date. And then remarking that there won’t be many single girls there. And then seating me at the rejects table because I don’t “belong” with anyone else.

I’m tired of seeing a film, a play, or some other event that would be a lot of fun to take a date on, if I only had one.

I’m tired of my friends telling me that the last girl I asked out…the one who turned me down…isn’t good enough for me and she’ll regret it someday.

I’m tired of hearing that another one of my ex’s is getting married. Or engaged. Or is in a serious long-term relationship.

I’m tired of coming home after work to an empty house.

I’m tired of eating dinner alone, on the floor, in front of the TV. My kitchen table gets no use. There’s no need for setting it when it’s just me eating there.

I’m tired of cooking for one. Which usually means I make too much and either throw the rest out or try to freeze it.

I’m tired of unwinding by myself. My couch isn’t nearly as comfortable without someone to cuddle with.

I’m tired of going to bed alone. The bed is always exactly as I left it. My side untucked, the other side tucked. It’s clear that only one person has slept there. And only one person will sleep there again tonight.

I guess I'm just tired of being alone......

:( :( :(

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: I'm just tired
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »
 *()

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »
Sad sack, you need to stop focusing on the problem and problem solve instead!
Join an internet dating website, write a lovely / fun description about yourself. Then, carefully select girls you think would be suitable and make a standard email you send to each of them. Send it to as many as possible!
See how many reply, take it from there!
I did this, dated a few men, got married to a wonderful one :)
PM me if you need help with internet dating, I am a pro lol!

sad sack

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »
thanks Shaz....  *()

@bookletters.... I have no trouble finding women, thanks for the offer though... glad it worked out for you, always seem to hear negative things about dating sites... I've never found them that bad tbh... once you get rid of the nutters, gold diggers and liars....

I'm just in that annoying place where I miss having someone beside me to share things with, but I am still don't want anyone... always an odd place to be...

anyway, just venting some thoughts above...  "!+

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:05:24 AM »
I can add another one. (From when I was young.) You're wonderful - I wish I could meet a man just like you. Then she goes off with a complete bastard.

I'm afraid that it doesn't always have a happy ending, but don't give up yet.

Best wishes.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »
 %^%  People can be so thoughtless but I I understand what you mean but from the female point of view.  It was almost a relief just to be with someone just to shut people up.  I wouldn't have got married for the wrong reasons though and am glad we are best friends as being husband and wife

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
  • a good soul is one that has suffered,and is kind.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
 *()

Sad sack , several years ago I decided on a Hobby, so I got into Terry Pratchett Books, went to a few events, joined a Forum  run by some Fans, got chatting, and now I am happy with a like minded nutter like myself.   Hang on in there poppet.
A good soul is one that has suffered , and is kind.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »
Sad sack, on the day I got married to my wonderful hubby, my best friend said to me, "do you remember how from year 11 all the way to your MA you used to say you were going to be single forever and nobody would ever want to be in a relationship with you?!" I had forgotten, but it's true, I was totally convinced I was going to be a spinster.... and to make things worse even my mum was asking if perhaps I wouldn't want to become a Carmelite Nun like great aunt Juliette hahahaah!!!!!
Things may look bad and lonely but life has a way of working these things out. And remember, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince(ss).... just ignore the women who are too daft to think you aren't good enough. They are the ones who will end up with the b*st*rd hubby who cheats on them and then come cry on your shoulder!!!

Catbrian

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
Well, I was always in a long term relationship since secondary school days.  In adulthood, I've had 2.5 live-in partners.  Then, 13 years ago, just before I had my first mental breakdown, I decided to be celibate for a while.  Never did I imagine that 13yrs down the line, I'm still very happily celibate.  Maybe I've had too many MH issues to even think about a relationship.

The best way to meet a like-minded partner is by joining some sort of club, as suggested before.

How long have you been single?