Author Topic: Aww no more Ceefax  (Read 1392 times)

mrnotsomoody

Aww no more Ceefax
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19996372

after 38 years and the final switch to digital from the analogue signal, Ceefax will be no more. Now I remember being awake late at night and seeing "pages from Ceefax" and thinking "who the hell would be awake at this time and actually watching this? Oh that would be just me then!" hahaha! I actually quite liked the Ceefax service, it was very informative before the web took over and become abundant. I remember our family getting our first Ceefax capable tv and thinking "wow great, never need the Radio Times again to know whats on telly". Technology eh!  ()(

Anyways, heres a cheery link complete with cheesy music for all you fans of nostalgia like me!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:31:58 AM by mrnotsomoody »

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Aww no more Ceefax
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »
Seems quite sad really, just shows how far things have come in the last years.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

mrnotsomoody

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
Technology advances so quickyly eh Shaz. Everything you ever need (well technology wise anyhow) can be found and done via your 'Star Trek' like iPhone or iPad now. I thought teletext and Ceefax was amazing when I first saw it, all that info at your disposal. I think I thought about the internet too when I first used it! All those astronomy sites...aahh yes, never even look at those now.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
I didnt use it much but still think its a same to lose it, I didnt realise the source of the name till this morning when they were talking about it on Breakfast tv

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.