Author Topic: please let me sleeeeeeeeep  (Read 3959 times)

craig84

• Karma Group
please let me sleeeeeeeeep
« on: September 02, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »
im so sick of this now, im desperate to have a full nights sleep but it just isn't happening. since my OD I have had a total of 10 hours of broken sleep in 7 almost 8 days......

my body is aching and my eyes are always heavy but whenever I fall asleep I sweat around my head and neck and then I wake up. ive swapped pillows thinking its that but its not. I cannot ask for sleeping pills as they will not give them to me until the 20th when my prescription is available to be picked up.

its hard enough getting to sleep before the OD as my mind is constantly thinking, analysing myself and the people around me and what I can realistically to do help myself not be depressed anymore.......what needs to change.....

can someone come round and just punch me, knock me out please!!
you don't have to have too hard a punch im only little.

would be greatly appreciated right now!
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

FluffySeal

• Karma Group
Re: please let me sleeeeeeeeep
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 01:28:42 AM »
lol no one here would want to punch you!

my bedroom is very warm and I do find myself waking up hot; i think it doesnt help that I have a 13.5tog duck feather duvet and mattress topper and mattress.. too much warmth

Have you tried sleeping with just a thin sheet over you? put a damp cloth on your forehead to cool off and fall asleep with?
maybe your pillows hold in a lot of heat what material are they?

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:38:15 AM »
errrm .... fabric? I don't know you know bedding aint really my thing. I use a sheet as a duvet right now cos its hot anyway nd instead of pillows im using a soft rolled up blankie lol oomg im 28 and I have a blankie lmfao I love it lol  :rofl:

on top of all that I sleep next to the window so its lovely when im trying to sleep but the moment I fall asleep sweat comes and I wake up freezing. its a hard life I don't know whats going on tbh... my mind is struggling to let me even get to that point tonight.
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

FluffySeal

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:01 AM »
haha but there should be a label stating what material! lol
no shame in blankies; keep you warm in the winter :)
when i've had the flu and a bad cough i cant lay flat. I only have 2 pillows and they wouldnt let me sit up enough. So I literally got like loads of clean washing; tshirts and jumpers; and made a huge pile of them on the bed in the corner so they acted as my pillow haha

hmm i get that; will try to sleep with thin sheets on and stuff but then ill be too cold so i'll wrap myself up a lot to stay warm but then wake up because im over heating; just cant get the temperature right. Its supposed to be really hot this week like hitting 25 degrees so I just hope it wont be that hot at night or we are doomed.

I havnt been able to sleep well in a month; like have more than 5 hours solid sleep without waking. I cant remember the last time i woke up feeling refreshed without a headache.
Maybe you are thinking too much too; that you are still suffering from last week and dont feel relaxed because of shock or something?
i have been over thinking a lot the past month and actually dont want to sleep; my mind doesnt want to. i cant explain it; its hard

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 07:38:43 AM »
you don't have to explain it im sure a lot of people can relate to that. it is because of an over active mind though.

that's one of the reasons ive smoked weed it used to be my sleeping pill before bed but im trying to cut it out now haven't had any for about a week :) go me :)

DOOOOMMMED I tell you dooooooOOOOmmmed lol ive had sleeping trouble for years, trying to sleep in malta in peak summer was like going to sleep in a huge fan assisted oven. impossible!!

you get 5 hours of sleep a day, and you think you have trouble sleeping lol you have any idea how much I envy you right now lol I haven't had more than an hours unbroken sleep in a week. before that I stay up til stupid oclock till I cant physically stay awake and drop. even then I don't sleep long maybe 3 hours... sleping pills help but I always end up taking more than I should, which could lead to overdosing on other drugs.... that's what happened last week come to think of it.... I was drinking in the day only had 2 bottles then I took sleeping tablets and my pain killers and my AD's and then just ... idk .....  :atomic: self destructed :(

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Sorry not going to be very helpful where sleep is concerned.  For a number of years I lived in Grays and worked near Waterloo Station and that's when I started having sleep problems due to getting up at 6 am and not getting home till as late as 7.30 pm due to BR being so bad.  The only decent nights sleep I got were at the weekend.  I then went into nursing so when I wasn't in college I was working shifts which included doing nights.  I went back to office hours after marrying but by then I had got into the routine of not sleeping well although depression probably didn't help either.

For about the past ten years I have considered getting 4 hours unbroken sleep good although cat napping has been the norm.  For a variety of reasons including severe depression I wasn't sleeping well from March and it was really affecting me badly.  Friends even picked up on it as I get physically shaky with my hands being the worst when I'm very tired.  Now I take 50mg of amitriptyline each night to help me sleep. 

Brown1975

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »
The only thing helps me to sleep is headphones with music playing

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
oh no im a silent sleeper if there is any noise or light in the room I usually have trouble sleeping!!

yh when you have a long routine of getting up at a certain time your body clock changes to suit so its hard to break the habit!

I got 6 hors yesterday but I failed and smoked weed :(

Brown1975

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Try exercise couple of hours before may help
I don't sleep we'll for months I just work work then all catches up with me then I sleep all weekend

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »
My other half can't go to sleep without the television being on whereas I like silence so I end up going to sleep with the television turned down low.  When I'm particularly stressed out I struggle to get to sleep which is worse when it goes on for a few days. This morning I was furious with our neighbour as I didn't get off to sleep till gone 1 am and got woken up by the idiot mowing his back garden at 7 am.  I slammed our bedroom window out of annoyance but that was after he was moaning loudly about stuff in general.  Subsequently I have felt exhausted all day.

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 05:28:02 AM »
omg what an ass he is your neighbour! sorry to read elsewhere that pokice were called! when you feel upto it what happened?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
Well the police officer came back round this afternoon with a colleague to let us know that the beat officers are now in the loop.  He has been round to the neighbour who at the decency at least to come with the same chain of events as us, not that it excuses his behaviour. 

It's actually been going on for about 18 months but it's been about the past 6 months that it's escalated.  At first he was claiming our dogs barking every time we were leaving them but the community team officer knows this isn't true because she's spoken to our other neighbours.  The dogs have barked for a while twice and on bath occasions we hadn't checked the bathroom door was shut properly.  Bruno went in then couldn't get out so barked.  The officer knows this so is okay with it.

When the neighbour realized that he wasn't getting anywhere with this he started on we don't clear up after dogs in the back garden, a bad smell goes into his place because of this and we have 'the smelliest, dirtiest' home and the smell goes through the walls on the street.  This is despite that several other neighbours have dogs and they also clear up after their dogs.  The community team officer then has to come out because he complains.  Every time she comes round we always invite her in obviously and also checks the back garden.  She is getting annoyed with him because ~ as she puts it ~ our home is clean and smells okay and she can see that the garden doesn't need clearing nor does it smell.  She has told us every time that if she had a problem with the state of our place she would tell us straight.  It's good that she is on our side but she also knows that it's not helping us as we both suffer with depression.

Anyway the police officer has advised him to stop behaving the way he has and not to talk to us which suits us down to the ground.  He pointed out to the neighbour his behaviour is aggravating the situation so he understands why we got annoyed.  I was completely honest that normally I would be polite to the neighbour or ignore him but last night I let rip because I couldn't take any more, the same with Rick.  He believes us though because we had told him exactly what we said last night.  Anyway he also knows that our housing association is involved so he just advised us keep the HA up to date with what's going on and to ring the police again if the neighbour starts again.   

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »
Just noticed i didnt rwply to this sorry pip how rude of me!  At least ur neighbour is a distant memory now and no longer a hinderence to you

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
It's okay Craig.  I'm happier now and the neighbours are good here.  One of our immediate neighbours died about 6 - 8 weeks ago and nobody has moved in yet.  Our neighbour on the other side moans about his other immediate neighbour and calls him Victor Meldrew and the neighbour from hell.  We get on well with that neighbour and he is always friendly towards us.  I'm not disputing whether he is or isn't a good neighbour just simply he is okay with us.  There have been a couple of times I have understood why that neighbour has moaned though as the other neighbour does play his music loud or has his television loud.  We haven't complained though as he does turn it down well before we go to bed and generally he is a decent neighbour.  He trusted us right from the start and gave us his front door key so when he is away we can keep an eye on his place.  Recently we gave our front door key to him so if we have to be out all day he spends time with the dogs.

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 11:09:05 AM »
Aww pip thats great!  A complete u turn from your last neighbour and seeong u say happier now :)  its brilliant! Sounds like you could be right about victor meldrew if he has his music and telly loud i was one of them kind of neighbours a long time ago :( bht i was 18 at the time and extremely social :p its great trust has been built that quick with the other neighbour and he can watch the dogs if ur out all day!