Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2242 times)

Laoiseach

Hello
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm Lucie, I'm 25 from Ireland. I've been suffering from depression since I was a teenager. I tried to kill myself during the summer and since I've been getting a lot of help. However lately I'm starting feel really &$%+ty again and I'm not sure my medication is working.
Was just hoping maybe talking to people who understand.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:19:33 PM »
 :welcome: Lucie,

Ir does help having contact with people ho do understand how you're feeling.  There are quite a few of us who live in the UK

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »
Hi Lucie, welcome to the forims.
if you are finding your meds are not havingt the effect they once did, the first thing to do is chat to your doc about it, they can up the dose, or try you on an alternateive med as there are lots of them around.

if you were from England, i would recoment having a look into contacting MIND for support, unfortunatly they have no office in Ireland, but you could try 'The Northern Ireland Association for Mental Health' (if toyr in the North that is.)
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Grace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »
Hello Lucie!
Welcome!! This time of the year is not easy to fare through. Are you only taking medication? After what happened to you last summer did you get a chance to have some talking therapy?
Nowadays a rather prevalent way to treat depression is to treat it with different dosages according to the time of the year.
I hope you have an understanding doctor who is following your case as this helps a lot!
Keep us posted!
Grace