Author Topic: getting support  (Read 4346 times)

negd39

getting support
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:11:45 AM »
hi everybody,

I don't know you guys feel but I find it very difficult to get support whether from my GP or even from the drop in staff that I see. The staff at the drop in say its not their job to listen to member's problems.   

JC

• Karma Group
Re: getting support
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
Hi negd39

I am fortunate to have an excellent, supportive GP who referred me to other appropriate support services.

It is not clear from your post what type of support you need; pastoral support (emotional, spritual and/or social wellbeing, including counselling) or practical support (accessing services, benefits advice etc.).

Seems your GP and the Drop-In Centre are not very understanding so a good starting point would be MIND. They can provide information and offer support to people with mental health problems, Google to find the nearest office in your area.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »
Welcome.

I've been fortunate over the years that I've only had one 'bad' GP who didn't even believe in depression as an illness.  Can you see another GP in your surgery?

Have you contacted MIND?

If you haven't it's worth contacting them.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »
Hi negd39, Pip beat me to it, MIND is a very good organization who offer support to people with all forma of depression, and are great to have around when the dreaded atos apeals come up.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water