Author Topic: newbie  (Read 6202 times)

turquoise

• Karma Group
« on: September 22, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »
Hi I found this site and thought I would give it a try to see if I can get some help and advice I have been having a real tough time and struggling to cope with depression and being a full time carer. 

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »
Hi & welcome to the forum  ^-^

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
 $£$

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:45:11 AM »
Hi and welcome  *()

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum :). S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome  ^%$

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »
 &(* Hello. I have been given wonderful support and advice from the lovely caring people on this site. I'm sure that you will find the same. Best wishes.

Catbrian

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Forum.  Trying to juggle employment with depression is a challenge, to say the least.  This is a great place for support and understanding. I hope it helps you

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
thanks guys it is good to know people on here will understand.

Catbrian

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »
Hope you're doing okay turquoise.  Many thanks for posting on my pages

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »
Thanks for asking Catb Im doing not to bad mum is in respite so im haveing some much needed me time, have got an appointment with CPN this month so hope that gives me some needed support.   

T x

Catbrian

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
Pleased to hear you're having ''ME'' time, it's a must when you're a carer.  Good luck with the CPN.  I've had a rocky ride with my overall experience with the Mental Health Team and CPN's.  However, the current one will bend over backwards to help, although she has a very proactive approach to recovery and does tend to be a wee bit pushy.  But, her honesty is what helps me trust her and I do find more of a tendency to push myself to get things done, for fear of ''upsetting teacher''. :-\

Have you been in touch with this CPN before?  Do you get any support or therapy?

Blessings Turquoise

Cat x

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »
Hi Catb

I have never seen a CPN before had counselling once but I didnt find it helpful as I was really embarrised and found the counseller not really helpful it was a charity run one and I arranged it myself but it didnt help me in the long term.  So this will be a new experience for me.  I dont have any other support or therapy

My mum was seen by a CPN because of her memory problems, but as it turns out she has vascular dementia they wont see her and she has to be seen by her GP which means I dont have any support to deal with her problems.

The me time is wonderful and I manged to go and see mum and take her out with next to no swearing and no road rage she even took me around where she used to stay as a child giving me directions back to the nursing home so much for her being confussed lol. 

bella

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 05:09:50 AM »
Hi turquoise.

Welcome  *()

Thanks so much for posting on my journal. This forum has helped me to open up about my feelings and what I am thinking. It is a great place and everyone is so friendly and understanding

bella xxxxx

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bella, I now know that I am not the only person going through stuff and it is a comfort as I dont feel so isolated or alone.  Friends who have never been ill with depression dont understnd they think it is just a but of the blues or a wee bit low, they dont realise it is much more

T x