Author Topic: Mornings  (Read 2183 times)

Sue

Mornings
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:20:12 AM »
Does any one find the mornings are the worse?  Having to make yourself get up and face yet another  day.  I spend a lot of time at home by myself. 

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Mornings
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
Definitely yes.  Ever since suffering with depression I have found the mornings hard.  I am better now several years on.  But I do still struggle.

X x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »
Hi Sue, and welcome to the forums.
in answer to your question is a big YES, its one of the many signes of depression.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Sue

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:48:04 PM »
Thank you for yours replies, I am realising I am not alone with this, lots of people suffer.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »
I haven't been a 'morning' person since my late teens even though I've always been able to get up at a reasonable time.  When I worked in London it took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get to work so I had to be up early.  It was a standing joke that if people got a grunt of me when they came in I was on or had had my first cup of coffee but if I was on my second cuppa I would say hello.  It's not so bad these days though.

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
Hi Sue
There is no doubt that depression tends to be cyclical over a 24 hour period. But your morning the worst pattern isn't universal, not by a long way. There are nearly as many people getting more depressed in the evening. Depression tends to be cyclical over a longer period. If you read posts here you will hear people say they have had a good few days but then they describe slipping back. I have always regarded that as being just a more prolonged cycle.

Pharmacology came up with something relevant to cyclical changes. They came up with the idea that a number of symptoms could be regarded as a disturbance of the bodies 24 hour clock. Sleep problems being a particular example. So we now have a drug that claims to reset the body clock. It is called Agomelatine. I am surprised that nobody
here seems to have been put on it.

Anyway I wish you well.

Love

Steve
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been