Author Topic: Survey ~ online game  (Read 1321 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Survey ~ online game
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »
I've had a request to put a link up for survey which I'm happy to do.  Question 3 needs rewording so have let the person know.  The link for the survey is http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XLSKZ5X and the information for what it's about is as follows:

I'm currently developing a new game that educates and instructs people on mental well being (understanding depression and anxiety, and treatments/support available).

We will be developing it an engaging, confidential online game - the user is able to create a 'pet'/avatar, choosing from a number of different animals. As this avatar the user is able to explore a map, in which are different areas; each designated to help the user to understand the many basic aspects of mental well being, the wide availability of support and treatment in their areas, and to teach the basics of many self-help therapeutic techniques such as mindfulness, cognitive behavioural therapy, and EFT.

Our main mission is to spread the knowledge of the basic of mental well being to people who are not yet informed of aspects such as symptoms, available treatments, and ways to help themselves. We also believe that by providing an engaging and 'light' game that we will add another cog in the overall aim to remove the stigmas based around things such as anxiety and depression.

We now have a very talented team based in Cambridge working on this project, and we've been offered potential support through the Cambridge Accellerator program.

I'm looking to get some information and opinions at this point that will help us understand how a wide range of people view this type of initiative, and find out how best to develop the game - ie what are going to be the most useful aspects of the game, what animals would be most engaging, etc.