Author Topic: 30 hours later and...  (Read 1654 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
30 hours later and...
« on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
I applied for my provisional driving license last week as photo ID if I needed it in banks or whatever.

This evening I started searching for driving schools in Gloucester just to see what was out there and how much it was going to cost.

Before I knew what I was doing, I'd emailed 2 schools.  Mistake number one, but I didn't stop there.

Within 15 minutes both schools had emailed me back.  The first said he was fully booked but the second said to phone him after 8.30pm whenever I was ready.  I emailed him back and said I'd phone him tomorrow.  Mistake number 2.

I don't even know how much he charges and I can guarantee I'll forget to ask tomorrow too!

I just hope the lessons are affordable because I can almost guarantee I won't be able to stop myself booking my first lesson with him!

Aaarrrggghhh!!!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: 30 hours later and...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »
I hate to think how much driving lessons cost today.  When I learned to drive it cost £5 an hour and didn't cost any extra to upgrade to a full licence.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
It's about £22 an hour now!  I'm willing to pay up to £25 an hour but no more than that!  It was a tenner an hour when I first learnt to drive!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
I've got to go for an assessment on Wednesday at 4pm which will set me back £15 then if we take each other on after that it's £21 an hour and I can block book 5 or 10 lessons at a time if I want to... I just want to get the assessment out of the way first though!  lol  If we take each other on then it'll be from the ground up 'cos it's so long since I last sat behind the wheel of a car and my brain damage not letting me remember things that I was taught.

Wish me luck on Wednesday!