Author Topic: Unsure what to do.  (Read 1895 times)

Chris:(

Unsure what to do.
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »
Not sure how to put this but I will have a go.
Over a year ago me and my ex partner had a brief split where she moved to her parents and then was housed in that area. We decided to make things work seeing as we had a two month old child, so I left my job and relocated. Six months down the line I couldn't find work and became very stressed and it put a strain on our relationship which ended six months ago. Due to the break up I became homeless for a week or so living in a tent which mentally destroyed me and then was put up by my mother.

I am on Jobseekers at the moment and spend all of it on being able to pick up my daughter every weekend and provide for her so money is tight I am also applying for every job I can and getting nowhere, trying to get a place sorted but getting nowhere on top of this I still love and miss my ex partner and I find myself crying more than several times a day and always thinking about suicide. The only thing that has been stopping me from commiting suicide is the the thought of my daughter, I try and fight the feelings of being down and try to stay positive but in no time I'm a crying snivelling wreck. I did have hopes of joining the Police in later life but i'm not sure wether to forget it and go to the Doctors because I'm not sure I can cope any longer.

Ezel

Re: Unsure what to do.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »
Hi Chris,

Things are tough for you but it can get better for you.  There is no shame in going to your doctor and asking for help.  You have your daughter to live for so give yourself time to focus.  Joining the police sounds like a good idea .... sounds like you have low self esteem so a job like that will help.

Pip