Author Topic: Feeling at an all time low  (Read 2016 times)

masachono

Feeling at an all time low
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »
Hi,
I dont know if anyone can help but ive been feeing depressed for such a long time now its becoming part of my life.

It started when i was a teeneager i guess, i was bullied at school and pretty much kept myself to myself, i was always feeling low and depressed but managed to get through it.

As i got older i always had a nagging feeling of depression and even when i was happy there was always something to make me feel down. now im 36 years old and the feeling just seems to get worse and worse for me. I feel silly feeling the way i do as i have nothing to worry about really.I have a descent job, although i hate it. im married to a fantastic wife and dont really want for anything. But i always feel depressed,i dont really feel i can go on as life seems so meaningless for me.

I cry alot when im alone and have come to the point were i dont like to be on my own. even when im doing the things i enjoy the depression is always there at the back of my mind.

I havent been to a doctor although i have talked to my wife about it. Its a strange feeling as i always feel low and down. and have done for many years.
only today i realised i talk to myself quite alot when im alone.

I dont know if i suffer from "depression" I always think its just me and thats the way i am.

Ezel

Re: Feeling at an all time low
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »
 ^&* .... talking to your wife is a start though it does sound like you need to deal with in your past.  Something could have triggered off how you're feeling and reminding you of things in the past.

masachono

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
Ive thought of that yes, Im going to the doctors hopefully soon and ill see what they say. resently i lost my job and and although i have a new one, im on my own in it as when i was in my last job i used to work with alot of other and ill be honest i miss them terribly. This maybe a trigger for me i dont know.

DeeDee28

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:09:20 PM »
I feel the same way you do. I always felt miserable even as a teen and now I'm 24 it has got worse. I have good days and bad days but recently more bad days. I have always been able to hide my depression from people but recently it is getting really difficult to do that. I feel like I am under this dark cloud all the time. Its a horrible feeling and im going to go back to my GP in the week to see what further help i can get before people start noticing that there is something wrong.