Author Topic: cilitropram  (Read 4068 times)

niz

• Karma Group
cilitropram
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
Hi,has anyone been prescribed cilitropram,i have been taking it for nearly 3 months and i am finding it is making me very tired,joints aching and very bad headaches.I think must be the medication,just wondered if anyone else had experinced these affects,thanks

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: cilitropram
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »
I was on Citalopram before current meds. I personally did not experience this. But we are all different. Have you spoken to your Dr about this?  S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Viola

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
I'm currently on 20mg citalopram. Its worked quite well for me. I still have my horrid off days (this tuesday just gone being a fine example) but otherwise i'd recommend it. If its having major side effects on you, i'd speak to your doctor asap.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:02:29 AM »
My Citalopram was upped to 30mg 3 months ago, but for a while I've doubted it's effect, so I think it might be time to see the dr again. I haven't suffered from bad headaches recently. I have had aching joints, but I am a bit of a hypocondriac! As Shaz and Viola have said, it's definitely worth speaking to your doc about. +-_

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »
I'm om 40mg daily and have no side effects, I'd suggest having a word with your GP

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

niz

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »
Thanks everyone,I have mentioned it to my gp and he said just to stick with it for now as the meds can take a while to have their full effect,the headaches i will mention again when i next see gp but he didnt seem over concerned,thanks again.

Catbrian

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
Niz.... Your GP is giving the best advice for now.  Sometimes it does take a while to settle down.  The headaches could be down to stress.  I was on Citalopram for years and didn't have problems, but that's not to say you wont; Anti-depressants react differently with everyone.  However, I wouldn't put up with  it too long, if you're still not comfortable in a few weeks, go back and ask for a change.  Sometimes a change of meds can make everything feel a lot worse, so best to try persevere for a while

Beetzart

• Karma Group
  • 'Billions and billions of stars'
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
I used to be on 60 mg a day and had no side effects, yet it pooped out so had to change.  Probably one of the better SSRIs for tolerance.

mrpineapple20

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
Hey I take Citalopram 20mg and after two weeks I started it feels so much better I don't get that down. It is eally working and I didn't feel any side effects. Gues this is my medicine.

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 02:58:32 AM »
I didn't have any side effects on Citalopram but changed drug recently as it stopped working and I had terrible side effects.

Just a thought....have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

I suffer from hypertension and get bad headaches when my bp spikes.
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

niz

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
hi everyone,have felt better while being on the meds apart from tiredness and headaches almost everyday,will speak to my gp next time if this persists.

dave208

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »
Hi I’m currently on 40mg daily when I first took the drug I was on only 10mg and I did experience headaches and nausea for about a couple of weeks and then the side effects wore off. However my GP did advise me that it was normal when you first take it