Author Topic: New member ...  (Read 1974 times)

yurtle79

New member ...
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »
Sorry anybody that reads this. Basically, I had a breakdown about six years ago.
I've always been claustrophobic but now I'm agoraphobic too.
I hate myself so much,  I have 3 kids and I need to do normal things for them. They had an eye test earlier and I still needed to go outside away from it,
I'm drowning in this.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
Re: New member ...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:29:15 PM »
Hi yurtle
welcome to the forums, claustrophobia and agoraphobic must be a hell of a situation to be in,
have you told your doc about this, or getting any help from a support worker?
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

yurtle79

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply  :smile: The dr's know. I'm on Prozac and have tried both counselling and CRT a few times but no luck. Sometimes it's so overwhelming and the kids must hate me not being able to even take them to the park or anything.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »
 :welcome:

One of my aunts went many years of being agoraphobic although she would take their dogs out (they bred spaniels) and owned a couple of horses which she enjoyed riding.  My uncle had to do everything else, he even took my cousins on holiday without my aunt because she refused to go everything.  When my aunt learned to drive it helped for a number of years but know she is even worse than ever.  My cousins have always loved their mum and how she was / is has always been normal to them. 

Children tend to accept the way their parents are as that is their normal.