General > Links

The importance of exercise

<< < (2/2)

Sallas:
Personally when im sitting staring at a box of pills excerise is the last thing on my mind. And if my problems could be solved with excerice i would have joined a gym years ago but thats just me.

I hate to accuse but i think the post would have been personalised if they werent ads. Its the same robot speak. May e the site has good intentions on the other end but it just seems wrong to me.

Munchroom:
I think as you say... Excercise is a 'part' of getting better. I have been fighting this for almost 2 years and it has taken a lot to get me veey recently to the point where excersice is even a possibility. I didn't mean for my post to come across as saying it will magically make the depression go away, because it won't and I know from my own experiences that someone telling you to go and excercise when its hard enough to get out of bed in the morning is the very last thing you want to hear.

I haven't looked at the link, but I do feel that using this site for self advertising is wrong.

Nay x

Got:
''improve Mindfulness. Exercise makes the body feel stronger and healthier. Since the body connects to the mind, the effect is an increased ability to practice and achieve mindfulness and meditation skills.''

As clear as mud

Sweetpea:
I have to agree with above posts, I am now going to the gym and swimming.  But when I was bad I found it hard enough to get out of bed let alone exercise.  If someone had told me to exercise then I would have just burst into tears.  I think we all just have to find what is right for us individually and jst do what we can cope with at the time, putting to much pressure on someone with depression just knocks us backwards.

S x x x x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version