Author Topic: Just to say Hi  (Read 2032 times)

baz51

Just to say Hi
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
Hi

Just found this forum and hopefully will be able to chat to people that also feel like me. Im 38 yrs old, married, with 6yr old son. I suppose ive suffered with depression on and off for a number of years but never felt quite as bad as i feel now. I put off going to the docs for a couple of months and then realised when i was at work one day that i was becoming so intolerant of other people for no reason and not been able to function on my job properly that i decided to take the plunge and go and see the doc.

He was really good and firstly signed me off work for 2 weeks, i am back there tomorrow as he gave me some info to read on antidepressants before he gave me some, which hopefully will be tomorrow. Im also booked in for some counselling but that is not until 22nd april.

Every so often when i feel okay i think ' oh im okay, im not depressed, this isnt happening to me' i can pull myself round etc..... but then i flip again, crying for no reason, no motivation, panicky, dont want to be with anyone because they wind me up, it scares me so much because i cant control it.... and im always reasonably in control.

I read this forums and think im being selfish because there are people on here who have or have considered suicide and that is something i have never ever though of

i guess its my 6 yeart old that gets me through this.

husband has just switched off,and generally thinks im just in a bad mood, which doesnt help me one bit, just a cuddle might help a little

this is my 3 rd day off sickand im feeling worse each. day.

Lil Miss Lost

• Karma Group
Re: Just to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »
Hey baz51 :) its good that you have an understanding doctor, always helps! Dont think you are being selfish, im pretty sure i shouldve got help for my depression about a year ago (this current bout has being going for at least that long) and maybe if i had of then i wouldnt have taken tablets to make me feel high and happy at the weekend, the tablets i took were painkillers and were no way going to make me high and happy! So i suppose what im trying to say is its good to talk and see your doctor no matter how depressed you are, as you dont want to get to a stage where you wish you had asked for help sooner! Just wanted to say hi and hope you feel happier soon!