Author Topic: Hiii  (Read 1280 times)

Xxx

Hiii
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
Hi,

Dont really know where to start to be honest.
Im 16 been depressed for about a year, and havent told my parents and havent seen my gp.
At first i ignored it an thought it would go away but its got worse as the weeks go on.
Part of me wants to get help by my gp but im afraid they wont help and want to see my parents?
Dont want my parents to get involved as i would rather do it alone.
I get so angry at the littlest things and have such a short temper i annoy myself.
I take everything out on my boyfriend which i cant seem to change. He blames me for everything which makes things 100x worse and annoys  me more.
Dont know what to do anymore i feel like this is killing me!
Can someone help and tell me if my gp would help me or if theywould speak to my parents?

HSS1982

• Karma Group
Re: Hiii
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:13:03 PM »
Hi i'm Harry. I haven't told my family or GP (i'm 29 and been depressed for 10 years). If you don't feel comfortable telling them, you can always tell us how you're feeling. Take care x

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:19:40 AM »
I'm sure your GP shoudnt get your parents involved but some of the members here may know more about it than I do.  As Harry says you can talk to us but if you think it s depression you mayneed to go to your GP eventually for medication xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:11:26 AM »
Hi, I think you should visit your gp and talk to him her, really don't know if they would need to contact your parents, I am sure they wouldn't if you only went to talk to him about how you are feeling.

Take care

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Harry, if you are concerned then go to the GP and say you have concerns about how you have been feeling but dont want to worry your parents with it as you feel it would make YOUR condition worse. Ask the GP whether you have confidentiality in this issue and whether your parents would need to be informed - state that if they do need to be informed, you will not want to discuss how you feel any further.

If you do things this way, then the most info your parents will get is that you have been to the doc. You could tell them you were worried about a friend and wanted advice  ;)

For what its worth, Im almost certain that you are old enough to be covered by the confidentiality act. I would consider going and talking to them to discuss things now if you can.

If you do decide not to then please remember we are here to support you as best we can. There are people from all walks of life on this forum who suffer from depression for a variety of reasons so im sure we would at least be able to make you feel more supported than you do at present. You are not alone.
Crazy like a fish.

Ezel

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:21:51 AM »
Harry, your GP has to respect your patient confidentiality.  It doesn't matter that you're 16 an technically still a minor he or she has to put your well being first.  Your GP may suggest you tell your parents but can't force you or go behind your back.