Author Topic: 12 months on  (Read 1217 times)

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
12 months on
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:57:14 PM »
Hi guys,

12 months on now from my C.B.T. I feel a lot better for it now.

Just thought I'd pop by and let everybody know that after some hard work and dark times I feel I'm on the mend.
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

alex1973

• Karma Group
Re: 12 months on
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 06:20:57 AM »
thanks Captain and good to hear this news, gives me hope too that things can change. Glad to hear your on the mend. Which particular bit did you find most helpful?

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:29:44 AM »
That's great, lovely to hear you are benefited from the CBT.

X x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »
I think it was a lot of little things that changed it for me.

For a start I got to a point where I got fed up of nobody genuinely trying to help me so I had a good sit down and thought about who could really help me and I came to the conclusion that that person was me.

Then after this I stopped supressing negative emotions and started listening to them. Like "Okay, I'm feeling upset now because I think this guy is having a tongue in cheek joke at me." Then instead of pushing that emotion deep down and letting it lower my mood I'd have a good think about the emotion and say to myself 'is there any proof he's insulting me?" Then most of the time I'd come to the conclusion that although I felt that way there was no evidence to back up why I felt that way and I learned I was jumping to conclusions and acting upon these emotions.

I've actually found that I'm no longer the 'weird guy' I'm now the quiet, intelligent guy in work and in uni I'm really popular and especially in uni I've found that a guy I thought would be that guy who spotted my shyness and would pull me apart for it has actually become a real good mate.
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 07:10:13 PM »
Sorry I'm late in saying it's great that you have posted to let us know how you are getting on.  It also helps others to know that they can get the right support, treatment or whatever else works for them.