Author Topic: your opinion on our site please (this is not an advert)  (Read 1098 times)

MINDFUL HELP

• www.mindfulhelp.org.uk
your opinion on our site please (this is not an advert)
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
Hello all, we've just set up a free privately funded charity covering all aspects of mental health. So please; moderators don't delete this because this isn’t about advertising it to gain profit from it, it's simply to get other people’s views and thoughts on it so we can improve it to ultimately help people.

Please bear in mind that they may be quite a bit of writing on it, but that's because we need to get across the information on it.

I would really appreciate it for opinions and anything that you think we could do better. The site is www.mindfulhelp.org.uk

Many thanks
John @ Mindful Help

bel

• Karma Group
Re: your opinion on our site please (this is not an advert)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »
Hi John,

This is a great service you are offering, thank you.
I found the website informative enough but not overloaded, which is good as we sometimes operate on a limited attention span!
I think help via email is a great idea. What wasn't clear to me is whether this would be on-line/real-time or if you would agree with your client dates and times to communicate, e.g. I email you on Wednesday and you commit to reply on Friday, and so on. Or do you decide that when a client starts with you. Not a major issue I don't think, just a question that occurred to me. 

bel

MINDFUL HELP

• www.mindfulhelp.org.uk
Re: your opinion on our site please (this is not an advert)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:41:44 PM »
Hi John,

This is a great service you are offering, thank you.
I found the website informative enough but not overloaded, which is good as we sometimes operate on a limited attention span!
I think help via email is a great idea. What wasn't clear to me is whether this would be on-line/real-time or if you would agree with your client dates and times to communicate, e.g. I email you on Wednesday and you commit to reply on Friday, and so on. Or do you decide that when a client starts with you. Not a major issue I don't think, just a question that occurred to me. 

bel

Hi Bel.

thank you for your positive comments, it really helps when people give a very honest and constructive opinion.

The direct answer to your question is it's just like you would arrange normally as an appointment.

For example, there are 2 ways in which we can communicate. We can either have an email to email therapy session, whereby you directly ask us stating that this is what you want, and we both agree a date and time in which we start therapy.

For example; you say that you can be available friday at 13.00pm for 1 hour. We will then either say yes we can talk at that time (via email) or we have that time fully booked and then re-arrange for another time in that day or when it is more convenient to you so it has to be mutually agreed.

Once we agree, then email therapy will commence for the hour or however long we agree.

Or... we can meet face to face. Either me (john) or Em or both if you prefer. We will arrange a nice and pleasant consultancy room and again, arrange a time, date and venue. We don't have standard consultancy rooms, however we can hire one which is very simple to do and we ALWAYS ensure that it's in a nice, comfortable place and very discreet.

In addition, what happens is that for example, if you are living in London then we will hire a consultancy room on a day where we will have several appointments that day so that for us and clients becomes a productive day. This applies in most areas of the country, however there may be certain times we can't get to places such as the isle of man or the Scottish islands  :)

Whether it's email to email or face to face, communication from both parties is paramount! I hope that's basically answered your question but please don't hesitate in contacting us for more info. We are also putting a telephone number on our site, as we realise that people may want to speak to us directly before therapy starts, however we can't always get to the phone so there's an answering machine there!

thanks once again, take care
John @ Mindful Help