Author Topic: Work.. Depression...ARG!!  (Read 1316 times)

Taliesin

Work.. Depression...ARG!!
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
Ok so I want to ask a question here as I hope someone will give me an answer before I have to go through more official channels.

As I have mentioned before, I work in the care industry. At present I care for a client with a lot of complex problems and I'm in charge of his 'team' of carers. I recently 'crashed', hey that's what I call it, the doc calls it a blip but.. he aint me.. I am now at a point where I am off sick for at least the next fortnight and if I'm honest I'm not sure whether I want to go back. It's a catch 22 really, I love my job, but it gives me stress which leads to arguments at home, shouting at the kids for tiny things and basicly ending up hating myself. My question is, where would I stand with the likes of the DSS if I where to hand in my notice and try find something less stressful? Part of me wants to believe that there would be support available and I'd not get shot down for leaving a perfectly good job, but I'm not sure... Help?

Shame I can't make money from my poetry.

Tal

junior

• Karma Group
Re: Work.. Depression...ARG!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »
If you work 16 hours a week you can claim working tax credit and might even get council tax benefit.
Hope that helps.
Junior

Ezel

Re: Work.. Depression...ARG!!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:30:11 PM »
Have you tried getting your poetry published?  You can do it yourself on www.lulu.com for free.