Author Topic: work, relationships and understanding  (Read 1340 times)

littlebeing

• Karma Group
work, relationships and understanding
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
Hi,
I am 25 yrs old and when I was 21 I have ovarian cancer and had to have both my ovaries removed. It is a long complicated story but anyway one of the girls at work is pregnant and although everyone knows what happened to me they do not appreciated what I have been through and I am finding it more and more difficult to go to work and to try to be civil to people. I am already on 40mg a day of citalopram (this is my second episode of depression) and I can slowly start to feel myself get worse.

I would love to have my own family but it is just not possible for me. This is on top of the fact that my long term best friend and boyfriend has had his contract in Afghan extended for several years and decided that we should not be tother any more as it will be too difficult for us as we will never get to see each other. He is my rock and I need him and he is not here.

My family just tell me I need to be stronger and I should not have to keep going to the doctors and having pills for everything as they say I do not have any serious things to worry about. The whole family I should just accept and move on with.

No one understands.

Ezel

Re: work, relationships and understanding
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:35:59 PM »
((((Hugs))))

I am sorry that I don't have the words to make you feel better.  Your family mean well but they don't understand your pain which is very real.  You need to heal before you can move on over not being able to have children which can take a long time.  Sometimes it takes somebody who has been through the same as you to able to help you.
 %^&