Author Topic: Time to say "Hello"  (Read 1142 times)

Tracy~64

Time to say "Hello"
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »
Where to start....hmmmm.
My name is Tracy and I live in England, I'm(has to have a think!)47 and have depression.

I guess it started when my LO was born 6.5 yrs ago, I was diagnosed with PND and its sort of spiralled from there on in. I'm on 20mg Citalopram(and have been for 6yrs)but don't feel as though as I'm climbing the ladder at all, I have discussed changing tablets with the doc but she keeps fobbing me off >:( There are other factors that have transpired through the yrs but don't want to bombard you all with that just yet :D

I have read a few posts on here and thought "Phew, its not just me then"!!

cornish

• Karma Group
Re: Time to say "Hello"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:55:45 PM »
hey and welcome

pnd is a bit over my head

this is a wonderfull place full of some of the nicest and most helpful people you could ever meet.  i hope you have the same view once you get to know some of us.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »
Hi Tracy

I think if your GP contiually fobs you off it might be time to consider changing your doctor,  it may be something as simple as getting your dose increased for a while that will help.

Everyone here is lovely and helpful so you should get some good advice whatever you decide to do :)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »
Hi Tracey. Zaf is right, don't let yourself be fobbed off by a doctor. Depression, what ever form it takes, is real and it is serious, and the longer it lingers the worse sometimes it is to get out of. Therefore it is important that you source some one that is willing to help you as quickly as possible and not carry on with some one who is effectively hindering progress or recovery. It really gets my goat when GPs are not understanding. It is there job to try to understand whether they have suffered from depression or not, and the point is; it's effecting YOU so it DOES need further attention. Please don't be afraid to speak frankly to your doctor or change, it is important that you are heard and recieve the help you need. Good luck.