Author Topic: Hey everyone!  (Read 1138 times)

bearcat

Hey everyone!
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
I've never joined a forum like this before, so feeling a bit nervous! I'm just looking for a bit of support from people who understand and for whom I can return that support. I've been suffering with depression and anxiety for about 14 years now, since I was 15, but this increased massively when I lost my mum suddenly almost 9 years ago. A lot of the time I feel so alone and wish I wasn't me. I started seeing a psychotherapist a few weeks ago, so I shall see where that leads. I'm not on any medication at the moment, I had a bit of a bad time on Venlafaxine a few months ago with it's horrible side effects and withdrawal symptoms, so my doctor suggested I had a couple of weeks drug free before I try something else.

A little bit about me... I love cats! I am such a mad cat lady hehe. And I love vintage clothes, indie and rock music... I work in a hospital and have just started working towards a health and social care degree with the Open University.

Lovely to meet you all!  ^&^

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Hey everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
Hi and welcome, you'll find lots of support here from people really understand depression

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

KateG

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »
Hi and welcome

Kate x

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Hello and welcome from a fellow cat lover  ^&^.

S x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
 .>, ..... I've gota cattooo ^&^ whose idea of fun is going out for walks with our dogs  ^&* and bossing them around.