Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 1143 times)

potter1

HELP!
« on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
Hi there,

Thanks for the responses yesterday.

I'm sat alone drinking before midday and contemplating fiding the nearest bridge and jumping off. Feel so alone and suicidal. I don't feel anything. What will my friends and family do if I take my own life.

There seems to be no way out of this hell.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
if you feel suicidal please phone the samaritans, get an emergency appointment with your GP or go to A&E, there are usually solutions but they do take time to work out and I know everyone here will help as much as they can xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

ShadowOfOnesSelf

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
Hi

The alcohol will make the suicidal thoughts worse.

Go to the samaritans website and get their number and call them quickly and talk to someone.

That one phone call could make a huge difference to how you're feeling.

Take Care.

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
Its so hard to find the motivation to help yourself when you feel like this. I know it may sound pointless but the above advice really is sound. Try to talk to someone if you can - if the samaritans have a stigma that puts you off (they really are a great support and you should try them if you can) then try ringing MIND the mental health charity and they may be able to help and advise you.

The place you are in will be one sided and your arguements to 'stay or go' will be unbalanced and unrealistic. If nothing else, talking to someone impartial will add a more balanced view of where you really are with your life. Alcohol will not help this process and I know it sounds 'preachy' but try to cut it down or even out completely if you can.

Please dont feel alone. I myself was at the end of my teather just 1 month ago. I had a plan, and I had even gone to the trouble of gathering tools together so that when i got the courage I could just get it over with quickly. I took time to talk to people even when i least felt like it and I now have a more balanced view of things. I still struggle and its not easy, but I can see what im fighting for now, I realise Im not alone in how I feel and it makes a huge difference.

Hang in there and keep posting.
Crazy like a fish.