Author Topic: New here.... Citalopram  (Read 1088 times)

:-(

New here.... Citalopram
« on: November 27, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »
Hey im new here, just looking for some experiences, advice etc.

Just been diagnosed with severe depression which i knew i had deep down for quite some time now. Just been put on citalopram. Basically just wondering how others have found it like what kind of side effects etc? Also does anyone drink while on it? And what is the outcome of that? I know it says best to avoid alcohol and i dont really drink anyway but just wondering what the outcome would likely be if i did? Wouldnt want it to toally mess me up ya know?

So yeah basically if anyone has anything they could share, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Also sorry if i wasnt supposed to post this in this forum area.

lightenup

• Karma Group
Re: New here.... Citalopram
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
 Hi firstly a warm  !"£ to the forum, it would in a way be wrong to state if we had any problems with the drugs, because the meds will work differently for different people.  Also it will take up to 4 weeks for the meds to begin there work, so you have to give them  a chance.  That is not to say if they don't work for you, then see your Dr.  Personally for me it took me trying 4 different types of meds before getting one that is working for me.  You need to really take care of yourself now and that is important in getting better.  I am getting care with CBT and in the main I think it is working, but unfortunately there has been so much happening in my life which has knocked me back a bit, take care 
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

charlotte

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:17:49 AM »
hello there.... sorry to hear about your depression and i hope you can recover.... i thought i would reply as i have taken citalopram before.  personally i felt the side effects were way too strong and i stopped taking them after about 2 or 3 weeks i cant remember much of those weeks of my life so i cant be 100 % sure how far into the medication i stopped.  but i did stop taking them before i got used to them and before they were supposed to start working. personaly i felt i couldnt cope with the side effects and i stopped taking them instantly as i was scared and felt worse than before, and i wasnt receiving counselling or anything with it, so didnt know how to cope with it on my own.....i dont want to scare u off or anything, as everyone is different and has different needs....... but i know a couple of people that have been on this medication and they felt that it really helped them and worked really well, which is good news :)

i know its been a few weeks since u done this post, but would like to know how u are getting on with the medication, and how u felt, and is it helping you at all??

junior

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
I too had thoses med's you must remember that with any anti depressants at first they will make you feel worse then when they work those effects do ease off, saying that for me they didnt and I stopped taking them. Junior