Author Topic: Getting up in the morning  (Read 1786 times)

**Drowning**

• Karma Group
Getting up in the morning
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
Is it me being stupid or does anyone else feel like getting up in the morning is the biggest struggle of the day?  I really can't cope with getting up at the moment.

Flea

• Karma Group
Re: Getting up in the morning
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
YES!!!  It is when I feel at my most desperate.  Staying in bed and not facing the world is the most appealing thing ever, when I wake up.  Although I feel that way, and I would readily stay there, the fact that I HAVE to get up for work is actually a Godsend - because otherwise I would stay there and dwell, get steadily worse, and feel even more anxious and hopeless.  I have been signed off from work with stress related depression for 4 months in early 2009.  The time off helped initially, to get my head around it all and it was absolutely right to stay away from work.  But now, it would be so bad for me, because I would just stay in bed.   >:( Getting up and facing the day is hard, but from my experience, it is the best thing I can do, because the anxiety soon diminishes once I'm up and have an aim. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel 'right', but I don't feel quite so lost and alone.  I SOOOOO wish the 'just waking up and feeling like &$%+' thing would p*** off!  You are not alone.....I bet that loads of people suffering from depression can relate to you. x

girlwithtwohearts

• Karma Group
Re: Getting up in the morning
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
Hey Drowning and Amaretto,

I can SO relate to this.  Getting up in the morning IS the biggest struggle.

I have been signed off from work with stress related depression - and I feel so lost and alone. It was initially 2 weeks, now its been 3 months.  I started a new teaching job in September - and it was very stressful - and now I have to face going back. Still don't feel right at all.  My biggest struggle of the day is when I wake up - and all the worries and thoughts come crowding in to my head. Staying in bed feels like 'safety'

I read the postive mental attitude books (which are bril) - and I know that basically 'We are what our thoughts are' - this depression we have CAN be helped by positive thing. But its ****ing hard first thing in the morning - no matter if you've left positive affirmations stuck all round the bedroom!!

I can't even begin to contemplate the fear of getting up and actually having to go to work - but I you are right Amaretto - you feel better when you are up and have an AIM.

I feel so useless and down - I live on my own - I have elderly parents nearby, who I can't lean on any more (I lived with them for a few weeks at the start of this depression). I've had this before, been signed off work from other jobs before - and basically I'm panicking.  Reading the posts people put on this forum deosn't really help does it - because you realise that some people have had this for years - and you think 'Oh My God' is this going to be me too??

Basically we are not alone - there are so many of us suffering from this.  It would be good to find a cure - CBT is good as it helps to change our thoughts - but God damn I don't know how to stop getting stressed. I like my job but sometimes I think I should change - but to what - this is my second career??

Shall we make a pact - for one week - we'll get up in the morning - jump in the shower straight away - and sing? Think positive thoughts?

''The woes of yesterday, added to the fears for tomorrow - make the strongest falter'  Think only of one day at a time.

Shall we try it guys?  See if we can cure ourselves - one week at a time.    Let's get some God damn positivity going - (You can tell I'm getting angry at myself)  Let's fight our demons - they're ugly, dark little gremlins.  Battle colleagues - shall we go to war together??

Who's joining me - let's DO IT. Let's get better and stay better.
 /.,

(sound of roaring - war cry)    lol !
 $%^