Author Topic: what are you doing now ??  (Read 8698 times)

cornish

• Karma Group
what are you doing now ??
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
thought id start something new that ive seen on other forums.

currently i cant sleep so im eating a sherbert dip dab :) and watching a beautiful mind.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: what are you doing now ??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »
I'm totally exhausted after a big triumph this morning (going outside on my own for half an hour) and am flopped on the sofa with the TV on but not really watching it.
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:08 AM »
well done, im doing the same actually.  trying to build my self up to make a phone call later to collect a nitrous oxide kit that ive just brough.   im deffinitly not sane as im going to be fitting it to a 1963 land rover haha
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
I'm just trying to summon enough energy to tidy the kitchen a bit  ::)

What on earth is a nitrous oxide kit?!  I love old Land Rovers but we found ours too expensive to run even with OH doing a lot of the work on it himself, I do miss having one though

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
old land rovers are just loverly, cant explain what it is about them but i truly do love them. im about to start a rebuild, well have been saying that for a year now :(  im putting a turbo diesel engine in it and the nitrous oxide is huge performance booster, its basically injecting nitrous oxide into the engine to get a load more power from it.
so im putting a big tank of highly flammable gas between the 2 front seats and injecting it into the engine, if i get it wrong. BANG lol

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 01:05:05 PM »
Good grief that does sound a bit risky  :o remembering how poor Land Rover brakes always seemed to be will they contain all that extra power?!

Its great to hear you have a passion about something, so often in depression hobbies and interests seem to die.

Keep us updated on the rebuild if you can, I'd certainly be interested :)

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »
well shes an 88 inch and ive upgraded the brakes to 109 ones so there a bit better, she can take the power

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
Do take some pics if you can and post them :)

How much else needs doing on the rebuild?

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 01:48:13 PM »
I've been sitting here for what seems like hours trying to do an on line grocery order, my broadband is being so tempermental I think it would have been quicker to walk the 6 miles there and back carrying my groceries  :(

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
i will take plenty of pictures. 

umm well i rebuilt her about 18 months ago and fitted a ford essex 3.0 v6 from a ford capri but it just didnt feel right and was killing the gearbox and diffs. all i really have to do is rip out the v6, make some new engine mounts and then fit a 200tdi that ive taken from a discovery.  well thats the simple way of explaining it. i could go on for hours and not even come close to telling you even 50% of what im doing to her.

well ive been sat on buying parts online for the land rover. i stopped counting how much its costing at about £1500, but its probably over 2k now :(

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
Wow, I fully expect a blow by blow account of the rebuild  ;)

George

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
Hey Cornish

It'll be superb with the 200tdi, when do you plan to fit it?
To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
Woody Allen

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
you will have every small detail then

basically when im feeling up to it, im changeing the turbo and manifold for a 300tdi unit and have a td5 intercooler to fit.  i have all the parts i need and a few other things that ive acquired along the way like a nice big 6 ton hydraulic pto winch and now the nitrous kit  !"! , so i could go and start now.   but i cant grrrrrrrrrr

but im really proud of my self for being able to go and get the kit. now i feel horrific

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 07:20:52 PM »
Its horrible how doing relatively little things make us so tired isn't it?  :(

Are you going to have to alter the bonnet to accommodate everything or will she still look original to the innocent bystander?

George

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
You'll get there mate, and it won't be that long either. Keep me posted as to how it goes, eh ;)
To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
Woody Allen