Author Topic: whoops off road failure  (Read 3723 times)

cornish

• Karma Group
whoops off road failure
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »
a few years ago i had a small failure in my range rover, just been looking through a few old pictures i had and found this one and it brought a smile to my face, hopefully it will do the same for you

If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: whoops off road failure
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 04:14:26 PM »
Oh dear!  It looks a bit like a hippo wallowing in the water  ;)

Yes, it made me smile  :D
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
last year during the cold weather that was iced over and a friend tried to drive over the same bit of water, he made it thought :)  but the ice cracked

as i find more ill post them up, there aren't a lot more though as i haven't been in the mud for a long time now  :(

If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Thats something I've always wanted to do but not sure if i'd be brave enough, it looks great fun :)  is it against the clock?

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 04:52:22 PM »

my friends dog that i cant remember the name of now but he wont ever leave my side when im there and was in the range rover at the time i got a bit wet

only had one wheel on the ground, stuck wasn't the word haha

the springs weren't even still touching the chassis  :o

going through a mud run the right way and comeing out the other side :)

then i decided to do another mud run but from the wrong end and there was a log that i got stuck on

got a tiny bit further with one axle over the log and then i had to be pulled out with 2 big winches and another land rover pulling

Thats something I've always wanted to do but not sure if i'd be brave enough, it looks great fun :)  is it against the clock?
these were just pics of fun days we were having, i lost all my competition pictures, will try and find some rtv (non damaging technical driving) and ccv (dangerous technical driving not timed) and some time trial pictures (imagine watching the rallying on tv but on very rough terrain)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »
That looks amazing fun, it must be a horrendously expensive sport though - I'd love to give it a try, how did you get started?

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:42 PM »
my uncle took me one day and since then ive been hooked,  yes it ca be very expensive, especially as most trucks are fitted with big v8 engines, i did help build the first diesel comp safari(time trail) in the devon and cornwall area.

i did find this pic here from the nationals that were hosted by our club last year, this is a pretty regular occurrence in comp safari

it is a lot of fun but you either need to be very brave or very stupid to do some of the more extreme stuff :D oh and the picture above well i dont consider that extreme haha
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:24:05 PM by cornish »

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »
I'm probably too old for brave stuff now but a beginners course might tempt me :) my adrenalin kick used to be one-day-eventing, I must have been mad galloping across country tackling solid obstacles but I loved it despite the falls and injuries I had, sometime I'll try to find some pics and post them.

Ps your last pic isnt visible to me!

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »
i would love to see some

umm yeah thats because i forgot to upload it  ::) will do it now haha

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »
I'll try to sort some next weekend as David will be working and I should have some time to spare :)

::)  it looks huge fun, someday I'm going to have to give it a try

Ezel

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »
I like the pictures and have added a new board a few minutes ago specifically for stuff like photos, artwork ect  )_+