Author Topic: A moment of uplift and inspiration.....  (Read 8455 times)

nickynoo

• Karma Group
A moment of uplift and inspiration.....
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »
I hope you don't mind, but I thought it might be nice to have a thread on uplifting, inspiring quotes to help to lift spirits on  "£" days..........

Here is one I found........I hope you like it :)

The truth is that it hurts because it’s real. It hurts because it mattered. And that’s an important thing to acknowledge to yourself. But that doesn’t mean that it won’t end, that it won’t get better. Because it will.... &*(

angel3077

• Karma Group
Re: A moment of uplift and inspiration.....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun
~Napoleon Hill~

Stop looking to others to solve problems for you, or to establish and develop your thoughts, your ideas, your beliefs. When you doubt yourself, you're not giving yourself a chance to experience confidence. No one can give it to you, and it's not something you don't have. It is inside you, it has always been there. Be willing to reach out to it. Changing your wording will help, but it takes repetition and conditioning on your part. Begin saying the opposite of what you've been saying: "I can't" turns into "I can" I won't" turns into "I will", and so on and so forth. Go within, reach in and pull out that confidence. Trust yourself, love yourself, believe in yourself, hug yourself and learn to rely on yourself.

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it ~Henry Ford~

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
I especially like the last paragraph angel :)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

nickynoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all” ~ anon

"You can be the spark in someone's life and light up their world"

"That weight you’ve placed upon your shoulders is going to crush you. Take it off. You don’t need to be perfect. You don’t need to have it all together. You don’t need to please everyone. You don’t need to be anything or anyone other than who you are. You are more than good enough. Who you are is beautiful. Place that heavy burden on the ground. Expel it from your being. You will be lighter in mind, body, and soul. Live in that freedom of the true you...."

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »
more great ones nickynoo :)

nickynoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »
This isn’t for anyone in particular. Just whoever might be reading this. If you don’t feel loved today, or if you’ve been having a rough time lately and you’re ready to give up, or if your spirits are down, just know that there is someone out there who is thinking about you and wants you to be okay. If all you want to do is give up, or crawl into your bed with the covers pulled over yourself and have a good cry, remember that you aren’t alone…You may feel like you are alone but you're not. Know that if we could be there with you today, we would be. We would hug you and tell you that it was going to be okay until you believe it. Because no matter how dark it seems right now, you will be okay. we hope you begin to see the Light. we am always here. We will help you find the strength to get through the dark days, and never forget that someone will always love you. No matter what... You know that right?  ^&^

hairyyahoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
~Marianne Williamson~

not a man of faith myself but that still strikes a chord with me every time.
If conversation were considered to be a fine art i would be communicating at the level of stick figures.

nickynoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
If you’re looking for a happy ending and you couldn’t find one, find a new beginning instead...

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Ask yourself this question:
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Richard Carlson, writing in Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

nickynoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »
Speak quietly to yourself and promise there will be better days. Whisper gently to yourself and provide assurance that you really are extending your best effort. Console your bruised and tender spirit with reminders of many other successes. Offer comfort in practical and tangible ways — as if you were encouraging your dearest friend. Recognize that on certain days the greatest grace is that the day is over and you get to close your eyes. Tomorrow comes more brightly.....Mary Anne Radmacher

Sorry if I'm spamming a bit,  just needing a bit of inspiration today  :(

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
They're really inspirational :)

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God's sight. But even the hairs of your head are all counted. Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows. "(Luke 12:6-7
 &*(

danbob

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
insert practically any speech by Sir Winston Churchill here

the most inspirational man ever

lola_p

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."  Maya Angelou

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” - Maya Angelou

“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
great ones,  gave me a smile while trying to do some complicated invoices  :D

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:40 AM »
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

Leo Buscaglia