Author Topic: Wedgie  (Read 10090 times)

Catbrian

Re: Wedgie
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:31 PM »
Hi Michael.... just wondering how you and Wedgie are?  Hope things are improving..

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
Hi Cat. Well, it was a good morning, because I managed to get Wedgie to swallow his tablets before he was awake. Yes, I betrayed him.  :( I have been going back to bed several times today, and woke up about half an hour ago, to find him trying to poke my tablets down my throat. No THAT's not real.  ::). As Wedgie thankfully gets stronger, due to the tablets, the more he fights back. He still doesn't fall for me crushing the tablets into anything else. He sits watching me eat, absolutely imploring me to share whatever I've got. He's absolutely wolfed down cream mashed potato before, so I crushed tablets into a bit. and added a little liver and tasty gravy. You'd have thought that I had defecated in his food bowl! Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a smiley for that.

Anyway, I'm beginning to feel a lot like Fred Flintstone. Soon, he'll be putting ME out for the night. And he might even post worse drivel here than me!  Perhaps I should propose a poll. Anyway, Wedgie is still painfully slow, and the vet has explained that his problems won't go away. I'll just love him as much as I can, and make sure that he doesn't suffer unduly. I am becoming even more long winded and detatched from any semblance of reality.  con0054

Best wishes. I bet you're sorry you asked now. If not, everybody else is! When are we going to see your photos?

(By the way, for you kids, Fred Flintstone was a fictional cartoon character from the mid 20th century.) 

Best wishes everybody.             

Ezel

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
I know I shouldn't laugh but my imagination is running riot here.  Mind you being owned by pets I've had to learn a few tricks to give them meds when they have needed them ^%$
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:56:15 PM by Pip »

Catbrian

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »
Yes, Pip, I am laughing too...  :D Michael, I think Wedgie might have already spiked your drink! =+-
I'm amazed you can administer any drugs in the first place.  Disguising never works with my two.  They both know when something's about to go down whenever they see me close the cat flap... then all hell breaks loose and it's usually a dash around the flat for a few minutes as I try to reason with them....  Poor sods, it's so traumatising, but the only way is by the scruff of the neck while those dreaded claws are almost trussed up with a towel.  Butter on the pill helps with taste and lubrication as it's rammed down the throat.  Sounds brutal but, trust me, it's not half as bad as what I get in return for my troubles. 
I'm pleased Wedgie sounds like he's getting some strength back.  I suppose you'll need to judge things as you go.  I think you're doing the right thing.  You will know yourself if he's not recovering properly.
Wishing ya claws of luck  $%$

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
Not about Wedgie
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 01:06:30 AM »
Thank you Pip and Cat. I honestly think that it's only the support of these forums, and Wedgie that is keeping me going. I tried to explain to the Doctor last week, but my GP is off because she has broken her arm, for the second time this year. I asked whether she had a dangerous hobby such as rock climbing, but was told that she is just clumsy. Apparently she fell out of her front door this time. Perhaps she lives at the top of a cliff. Anyway, the other doctor is very nice, but he asked me to go back on Tuesday, to give him a chance to read up all the notes.

I don't function unless I lose myself, as I do on this site. My personal hygiene is non-existent, and the flat is developing sedimentary layers. I'm sure that if I excavated, I'd have a good chance of finding the missing link. Hey, perhaps I AM the missing link. If I ever venture out, like the visit to the doctor, I just spray myself with loads of Intu deodorant. (2 for £1 in Poundland.) Washing is a rarity now. My shower mat is dryer than the Gobi desert. I want to be here with Wedgie, but nothing else in my life seems important at all. When my benefits are stopped, and I'm told to get a job I can't imagine anybody will offer employment to a person like me.

When I do go out, I just feel hatred for most of the stupid morons walking along, not looking where they are going because it's more important to text incessantly. Even in the doctors waiting room, where there are clear instructions to turn off mobiles, the fools can't be out of touch with other cretins for even a few seconds. Of course, they've all got 25000 "friends" on Facebook. And they all think that reality TV is worthwhile. If reality ever came near any of them, they'd &$%+ themselves! And the worst thing is that they're all better human beings than me.

Sorry for going on. I should have posted this elsewhere, but my poison just spouted out.

hopeful

• Karma Group
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:43 AM »
Hi Michael,

When you mentioned you were down in another post, just wanted to check you were ok here.

Wedgie sounds lovely. I think cats are one of lifes' natural anti-depressants. When you think all is worthless, there is nothing quite like a warm furry thing purring on your lap. And my girls are the only things getting me out of bed in the morning at the moment.

We lost our lovely boy last year after illness so I know what you must be going through - it's a difficult decision but you will make the right one if the time comes. But as long as he's eating and purring and interacting, it all sounds good at the moment, just enjoy him and love him.

xx

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 01:41:35 AM »
Thanks hopeful, for helping me get real again.  +-_

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 10:07:10 AM »
Hi Michael,
Hope you and Wedgie are doing alright.

Ezel

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 03:13:55 PM »
I think I must really be odd when it comes to being depressed and personal hygiene.  If I'm not it's my OCD coming out.  When I'm at my lowest I don't feel like having a bath but I get so obsessed about whether I smell or not I have a bath once or twice a day simply because Rick keeps a check on me but I will keep going to the bathroom to wash my hands.  Sometimes I'll go back within 5 minutes because my hands feel sticky or grubby.  On top of that I have to do things in a certain routine which drives Rick crazy as I will yell at him for distracting me sometimes so I have to start over again.  It's that silly that even when I put shoes or slippers on I always have to put the left one on first and take the left one off first.  I don't even know why I started that as it started as a child.

Mobiles are the bane of my life and whoever invented them should have been hung, drawn and quartered  sAng_soapbox .  A phone is for ringing people up on.  It drives me crazy texting and it took me a while to get used to 'shorthand texting' as I don't have any patience particularly if I'm out and don't have my reading glasses.  There is a poster that reads B A M8 txt & W8 and to do with drugs.  It took me ages to decipher it meant be a mate text and wait  "!+  

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 04:15:26 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has helped me. Wedgie is eating well (except for disguised tablets.) He is now very slow, which is sad for someone so young. I'm taking him back to the vet on Wednesday, but I'm certain that he feels a lot better than when the problem first became obvious. I know that his heart condition won't amazingly disappear, but I'm savouring every second with him. Best wishes everybody.  &(*

When I'm feeling bad I will post in the appropriate place, and not try to take attention from Wedgie!  -_)

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
So good to hear Wedgie is doing well. We have all come to love and worry about him :). Take care. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 05:04:08 PM »
Thanks Shaz. Now be honest - everybody just wants  more stories about how he bosses me around, don't you?  =+-

Ezel

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
Yes please I love your Wedgie stories  !£!

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
I certainly do Michael  $%$, it certainly brightens my day to hear about him  =+-.

_)(  %&^

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
Of course I do  $%$ xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.