Author Topic: Dream Jobs  (Read 9034 times)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: Dream Jobs
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »

I remember very vividly pretending to be a vet when I was little.... so much so, that I drew scratches (from all the animals) on my arms with permanent marker....  ::)

::)

Not surprised though, are you?  :P
This too shall pass.

dlg78

• Karma Group
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 08:39:21 PM »
I never had any idea what I "wanted to be", I am 33 now and work as a maintenance engineer, it's a good job that pays well but I don't like shift work particularly.

My dream job I think would be running my own business supplying something to the public where I can share my enthusiasm to help people make decisions on their purchases.

I have to be careful though as I tend to get new hobbies and tire of them quickly, so any business venture has to be something I am serious about :)

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »

I remember very vividly pretending to be a vet when I was little.... so much so, that I drew scratches (from all the animals) on my arms with permanent marker....  ::)

::)

Not surprised though, are you?  :P

not really, not much surprises me when your concerned  :P

If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Laura

• Karma Group
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 12:08:54 AM »
When i was 6 I wanted to be an archaeologist. Now I hate muck and mud so glad I never went down that route.

I'm 39 now and still have no idea what I want to do. (I have had 2 great jobs but one changed all their systems to computers and was dull as dishwater after, the other got sold to an american company :o(   )
Tea please, decaf, with milk and a sweetener.

em89

• Karma Group
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
I want to be a bestselling author, to write and direct dramas and see them as big hits on the tv.
so far im working on it!

Laura

• Karma Group
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
Go em89!!
I like writing but since I joined a writing group I've had quite bad writer's block! And i'm rubbish at writing conflict!

dlg78 - I know what you mean about wanting to share your enthusiasm. Me too but I never got a job where my opinion counted for anything. I also have a tendency to lose interest in things so am equally stuck when it comes to choosing a direction.

Good luck both of you.
Tea please, decaf, with milk and a sweetener.

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »
Dream job?

Motoring journalist i suppose. Being able to put the newest cars through their paces. Maybe running Jeremy Clarkson over by accident too.

I kinda like my real job though when Im fit enough to do it.
Crazy like a fish.

lou

• Karma Group
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 09:06:44 PM »
i wanted to be an archaeologist at first, my parents said i wasnt brainy enough so i gave up on that idea. i had a secret job that i never told anyone about which was to be a teacher which is what i have ended up doing. although i quite fancy being a lawyer, writing a book. but mostly would just like to escape to an island that has views of the sea and sun all year round!

lbruk

• Karma Group
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
I wouldn't say it was my dream job, but I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I was about 10! Then a lawyer (but only in America so it would be like ally mcbeal!)
L

tarle1976

• Karma Group
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
Secret agent.purely to live out a childish fantasy.

Dobbie

• Karma Group
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 07:20:49 PM »
I'd love to be a travel reporter. Just to be able to travel around the world to far flung places meeting people from so many different backgrounds and cultures, it would be amazing! Alas, I don't ever see this as a possibility.

doublep

• Karma Group
Re: Re: Dream Jobs
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »
I worked in a pub from 14 (doing odd jobs. To kitchen. To barwork)

My plan was to get my license and get my own place.. but then the trade went down hill bigtime, and I couldn't afford to do it.. so gave up.

Always fancied the RAF, i've had 2 chances to have a go, but never had the balls to do it.

Moved to Leeds in 2006, started a degree and left because I found it boring. And I lost my interest in computers completely because of itn

Now I work in security, I'm a supervisor and work days only... I'm on a powerstation building site... which should be done in a year... then I dunno where I'll be sent but I'll most likely find a new job.

Not sure what I want to do.

I'm interested in cars.. engines, bodywork etc... but this was a late interest and wish I went into that trade at 16 , now its too late to do an apprenticeship... but I'd love to have a business in something I enjoy.

I've just given up. All I want is money to get by, as easy as possible.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »
I'm interested in cars.. engines, bodywork etc... but this was a late interest and wish I went into that trade at 16 , now its too late to do an apprenticeship... but I'd love to have a business in something I enjoy.

I've just given up. All I want is money to get by, as easy as possible.

My OH got a job - purely by chance - working in a local motor factors, the place where he had been going for years to get the bits for all of his old bangers *cough* I mean, loves of his life  :P He has always loved cars but didn't really want to go down the mechanic sort of route - he works in the main shop and does delivery runs and he absolutley loves it! He loves cars and he's dealing with them all day - yeah, there are customers that get his back up when they want windscreen wipers fitted in the pouring rain, but its something he is confident in and therefore enjoys  :) maybe a job like that would be an idea? He didn't need a whole list of qualifications, just knowledge and a passion for the trade x
This too shall pass.

doublep

• Karma Group
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
That is a good idea.  I would like that. And I'd get discount which would help as I run an 18 year old Ford.  :)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »
Haha! YES! the discount and 'mates rates' with the contacts he has through work come in very very handy!!  :)
This too shall pass.