Author Topic: Dream Jobs  (Read 9035 times)

Bexwa

• Karma Group
Dream Jobs
« on: October 27, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
What did you always want to be when you grew up?

(I'm 27 and I still don't know for sure!)
Assume it's a joke and then work backward.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Dream Jobs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »
A barrister or a vet :)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

danbob

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »
i always wanted to have my own pub..... spent allot of time in pubs when i was younger with my parents.

i have my personal license so i can get my own pub if i want, just wanna get better first tho :)

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
How long did it take you to get your personal license? I wouldn't mind getting my own too. I would love to run a pub.

I've always wanted to be Cabin Crew, but my fear of flying always gets the better of me on that one lol.

I would have loved to have been a vet too Zaf, but I get too attached to things and I think it would really hurt me when something happened to one of them.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »
I'd have ended up with more waifs and strays than I already have if I'd have been a vet  ::)

danbob

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »
it doesnt take long to get your license.... its costs bout £250 to do it..... but the companys want you to have pub management experience before they will give you a pub.... im lucky iv got 6 years pub management experience :) xx

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
O that's good. My auntie was a landlady for 30 years and I've grown up in pubs so I want to do it too. What do you have to do to get your license? Is it hard?

danbob

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
you need to complete a qualification... its called the award for personal license holders (APLH LV2) then once you have done that you need to get a crb check and send in the application to your council where you live :) xx

nickynoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »
Hello..... I always wanted to be a vet when I was a kid, love animals and always have done. I did a animal care course at college when I left school which was really good but didnt end up doing anything with it and at the time thought I wouldnt be brainy enough to go to uni and study vet science.

My dream job now is to work as a mobile beautician, I have been studying for the last 4 years - swedish massage, reflexology, nail services and this year doing Indian head massage, aromatherapy and stone therapy, so I'm on my way :) Hoping to have my own business one day....I can dream eh!!  :) I like the way the holistics and nice pretty nails can make people feel better about themselves :)

I think if I could go back in time, I would train as a doctor, I have such an interest in the human biology and how the body works that being a doctor would have been an interesting and satisfying job, being able to help people get better :)

angel3077

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
I wanted to be a vet i love animals too but my parents told me I wasnt brainy enough. I am 34 and still don't know what to do with my life. I have tried a few things. I also wanted to be a hairdresser when I was wee because I had a nightie saying "I want to be a hairdresser*

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 11:25:05 PM »
I wanted to be a spy. Even had an interview with MI5 when I was 21 as a data analyst, decided it wasn't for me.

If I'm to be honest chasing ambition has been part of the journey of my depression...chasing a dream or trying to escape reality? I'm getting closer to my dream job all the time...but it doesn't make me any happier.

But anyway, yes...spy. I'd get to shoot baddies and fly around in a jet.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 12:15:56 AM »
used to dream of being a tree surgeon or a farrier but allergies stopped both of those but i always wanted to be an electrician and i managed to do it, really loved it until i got ill now i just about tolerate it most of the time others i hate it :(
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

hairyyahoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 09:38:53 AM »
when i was very young i wanted to grow up to be a jedi...nope, no kidding...a jedi. i was convinced i could be luke skywalker if i tried hard enough.  ::) the effects of watching star wars way too much (never thought i'd utter those words!)

then i got a bit older and just wanted to escape reality...life on a desert island with no need to worry about my role in society and the demands and expectations of others, just the basic necessities of survival without all the bells and whistles that modern life attaches to confuse and disorientate us.

now...? dunno.
If conversation were considered to be a fine art i would be communicating at the level of stick figures.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
Escaping reality is one of my dreams nowdays too, probably a house in the middle of woodland on he shores of a lake or banks of a river, total peace and quiet and no hassles....

hairyyahoo

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »
now you're talkin'!
If conversation were considered to be a fine art i would be communicating at the level of stick figures.