Author Topic: Wedgie  (Read 10088 times)

KateG

• Karma Group
Re: Wedgie
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
It may not be that great for depression but I guarantee wedgie will sleep lots, and be constantly eating when he's awake  %^%

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
Update
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
The appetite stimulant has started to work! He's eating a bit, so that's got to be a good thing. He actually sat on my lap for half an hour today, and he was purring like a steam engine. Now he is a little stronger, he is keener than ever to fight off my efforts to give him tablets. :vik: I am certain that he is not suffering unduly, so I feel a lot happier myself.  =+- I can cherish him for as long as possible. Thank you all. m121

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Thats great to hear Michael  =+- 

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Ezel

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
 !+_

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 07:02:25 PM »
That's so good to hear Michael. If he is purring he must be content :). S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
Aw bless. Enjoy him Michael.
I envy you having a pet/s - I'd love to get a dachshund or a cat!
They can be such a comfort and good company.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
I've always loved cats, and find them very sensitive and great companions. As long as you always remember that their stomach comes first! Wedgie has started watching me prepare my own food again. You know the look that says, "that's interesting. I wonder if it tastes better than what you've given me? I bet it does. Come on, let me try it." Or words to that affect. Maybe.

So anyway, before I started waffling on I was saying Cats - Good. There I could have saved 3 lines of nothing. It's a good job I don't get charged by the word!  -_) Or by the smiley.

Ezel

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »
 !+_ Yes I know what you mean by 'the look'.  I had a cat that was devious, he would watch while tuna sandwiches were made and if anybody took their eyes off the sandwiches he would get the tuna out with his paws.

This is my lil Tasha aka Twizel aka Psycho

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
Aw bless Tasha is so cute!

Yes, I know "the look" well, too! I think cats are trained in this, as I have seen it time and again.

Cats may act aloof, but they know 100% what's going on. Like when they seek out "non-cat people"!

My favourite saying about cats:

"Dogs have owners. Cats have staff."
 _)(

Just found the smiley too! Awesome!

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
Yes, Tasha is very beautiful. I don't think I've ever met an unattractive cat. Hmm. Maybe those furless cats, but I've never seen one in the flesh. I'm sure they've got their good points. I wonder if cats grade us on how attractive they find us. It's probably more to do with how willing we are to stop in the middle of something else and make a fuss of them. I feel very happy that Wedgie chose me to be his waiter and general dogsbody.

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
Hahaha Michael, you make me laugh. You seem to take to the role of Wedgie's waiter/ butler with humility and gratitude!

The pic of Wedgie is gorgeous too.

I read a lovely book, "Cleo", by Helen Brown recently. It's the true story about her cat Cleo, who she bought as a kitten for her eldest son (aged 8), but the kitten was only going to arrive 2 weeks later - by which time her son was tragically killed in a car accident. But she took the kitten anyway, and it is a heart-rending, but inspiring and uplifting book. I'm making it sound so cheesy, but the book is fantastic as it chronicles her journey from after her son's death, to finding renewal in her own life and this cat plays such a major role in it. Highly recommend the book.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
Cleo
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »
Thanks PaulaJo, I'll certainly search for the book.  $%$ Take it easy.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
So pleased to hear Wedgie is taking a good interest in your food ;). Your little girl is gorgeous Pip. I also have a plaque with 'Dogs have owners Cats have staff' its so true. I am afraid our pets rule our home & garden and we have loads of pets. But wouldn't be without any of them, they bring us so much joy. S x x x x

Catbrian

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
I must try show you pics of my two almost 14yr olds.  One's a Tortie with a huge attitude.  Her name’s Missy Squeak (but don’t ask).   She chases all the dogs in the neighbourhood and keeps my little jack in order (jack's a dog, by the way!).  Her brother is a huge black and white Tomcat, called Oscar.  His markings are perfect; identical to the Felix advert.  He's bigger than my Jack (that's the dog again!) but He’s a big softie.... until he's out fighting his patch.  He's such a softie, once I blew off (only once, mind you), poor Oscar got such a fright he almost jumped out the window!  That's true. 

I watched my two being born in this flat.  Only two were born.  The Mother was an undernourished stray, Elsie.  She was a beautiful longhaired Tortie, with a mean attitude.  But, admittedly, she was never a good mother and often abandoned me to look after 'the children'!  I actually took a lot of time off work, which colleagues aptly named ‘Kitternity Leave!!  Anyway, as soon as the kittens turned 6 weeks, Mummy Elsie moved downstairs to my neighbours. Left Daddy 'Cat' here (figuratively speaking, of course) to rock the cradle.... a single parent!!  -_)

A short time after the kittens came along, I had my first breakdown.  I truly believe God works in mysterious ways; if it wasn’t for the huge responsibility and love I had for these two little gremlins from hell, I could never have lifted my head from the pillow to fulfil my ‘cat duties’.  Sometimes, I’d immediately go back to bed, I slept for hours, but slowly those little blighters nursed me back to health.  It is my first experience of cats and, believe me, I learned very fast who’s in charge. _)(

Sorry, Michael, for hijacking your page… just felt compelled to share my gremlins story

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »
I think most Torties have an attitude ;.  I also have a Felix cat he is Boris. S x x x x