Author Topic: loosing child like excitement as grow older  (Read 1371 times)

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
loosing child like excitement as grow older
« on: September 03, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
does any one else hate the fact that when you grow older you loose the excitement and adventure that seemed to come at will as a child, seems as grow older the dreams we have as children fade away and its never to return.
i know not everyone has a great childhood and i had my fare share of problems but at the same time can rember the care free times of adventure and imagenation and feel if a small bit was with me now depression wouldnt be so powerful at times etc.
what are other peoples thoughts and memories etc ????

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
Re: loosing child like excitement as grow older
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
I hear you on this one loud and clear, zeemiller!

I have been struggling with this as well. When I was younger, my middle name could have been "Enthusiasm". I was filled with excitement at the prospect of all the opportunities in life. I had huge goals and plans.
Gradually, life just 'happened' - and due to circumstances etc, I wasn't able to pursue all of my goals.
I'm trying to find that same child-like enthusiasm and excitement again.  But I think that as we grow older, this does change, and maybe trying to re-live that excitement is unsustainable. I get the feeling I need to find a 'new' way of functioning with regards to my point of view of the future.

Ezel

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
Yes that's me.  When I was young I was very enthusiastic about life and what I wanted to do when I grew up.  I hit my teens and it all went down hill from there due to emotional abuse so all I could think was to get a job, get married and put my past behind me.  None of it happened as I wanted as probably spent too many years separating myself from my family and simply existing.  The last 8 years I have had more focus in my life and doing what I enjoy.

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »
when walking thru the park n stuff and see the fun n excitement on childs faces at small things and that problem free look thats when hits how hard life gets when grow up etc