Author Topic: hi you all.. I'm new here  (Read 2915 times)

tom9279

hi you all.. I'm new here
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »
Hi.
My name is Tom and I'm suffering from bipolar disorder.. well.. at least it's about to be diagnosed properly now..
It's hard for me to explain what it does to me.. all I can say for now is that I'm in an emotional roller coaster atm.. up, down, up down.. :-\
and this quite rapidly.. so more a rapid cycling than I thought it would be typical for this sort of illness.
It means my periods of moods (if I can say so) mostly last for 3-4 weeks and change quite quick to the other extreme.
On medication from today on with Quetiapine 25mg.. have read the leaflet which says it should be started with 100-200mg a day.. I am prescribed 2 tablets of 25mg a day.. so lets see how it will go..

Just besides all this, please bear with my grammar and spelling, not born and bred in UK but live and work here for about 2 years.
I will tell a bit more about me in another thread soon.. well so far I can find some words for my current emotional condition..
and I am still working 6/7 days a week so I'm trying to stay occupied.
My head is a bit in a mess right now.. so need to sort myself a bit better.
TC x

Grace

• Global Moderator
Re: hi you all.. I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:18:50 AM »
Hello Tom!! WELCOME!!
You don't have to worry about your grammar ..... I too was not born and bred in UK, I don't even live in the UK and English is my second language!
Write your posts and express yourself your own way ... grammar here is not so important ..... the most important thing is for you to know that there's always somebody to listen to you rather than just read!!
The reason we're here is that we have all exerienced depression in one way or other and we try to understand and empathise with each other, maybe also giving advice from our personal experience!
Look forward to hear from you ..... and hope you can have a good week break!
Grace

tom9279

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »
Hi Grace and thx for your warm welcome.
yes having my only day off today, bk at work tomorrow..
and it's pouring down rain >.< not very helpful for my mood.. but I think I'm getting on with it.. up since 6am.. and started about 6 things I wanted to do today.. and only accomplished 2 of them :(
fighting a cold too atm.. so just annoyed.. as usual.. lol x
I try to shape my feelings into words to post them.. but too tired and distracted right now..

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
Hi Tom, welcome to the forums.
not that its good to have bipolar disorder, it is good that the docs have finally given you a diagnosis.
there are so many things that can cause depression and assosiated problembs, having to 'guess' yourself they are can just add to the stress.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »
Welcome Tom,

You will get support here as we all know what it is like to suffer with depression in one form or another.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 08:28:35 AM »
Hello Tom.  Welcome to the forum.  You will find great support here.

X x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

tom9279

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
Thank you all
I hope so..  I hope I find someone to talk to at least.. that would be of great help for the beginning xx
sorry not always online because of work.. not being ignorant xx

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
there will mostly be someone around to chat to tom, people pop in and out quite a bit, even if its to see who is here.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water