Author Topic: Hi I'm new  (Read 2931 times)

Jo78

Hi I'm new
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. I have suffered with depression for over 10+ years, I'm 36 married and have a little boy who is 7 years old. Life has not been great I've had a lot of rubbish thrown at me over the years. We have lost two beautiful babies Thomas in 2008 and Emily in 2011. We suddenly lost my mum just over 2 years ago without warning and she was the matriarch of the family. Then in Dec 2012 I collapsed at Christmas and had to have emergency spinal surgery which has left me with Cauda Equina Syndrome. I have been on numerous amounts of medication and I am currently slowly coming off one to go onto another. I am feeling very low at the moment and the past few weeks have been really hard and I try to hide it and just smile but end up crying every single day. I have no motivation to do anything and struggle to sort my little boy out most days, my husband works long hours because I can't work at the moment. I'm hoping to get some support and people who understand and I can talk to as I don't have many friends and no one to talk to so feel isolated a lot.

Thank you for letting me in and listening
Joanne x

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Hi I'm new
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »
Hello Joanne and a big welcome to the forum.  You will find great support here.  We all understand what its like living with depression.

My goodness you have had an awful time.  Loosing 2 of your babies and your mum  :hug: for you.  Having to struggle with your back and a young son must be so difficult for you.

I know others will be along to welcome you soon.

X x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Grace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:29:44 AM »
Hello Jo78,

Life has not been generous with you in these last years, especially having to deal with physical pain on top of it all!
We 're here to support you as we have all experienced the symptoms and outcomes of depression.
Hope your change of meds will be beneficial!!
I will keep you in my thoughts!
Grace

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »
Welcome Joanne,

Depression can be very hard to deal with generally but you have had to deal with so much on top of that.  The members here are supportive so you will get that much needed support.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
Hi Joanne, welcome to the forums.
sorry to hear of your family losses, such things can make any depression even harder to deal with.

as i mention to all newbies here, see if there is a MIND office in your area, they have great support workers.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water